Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 10:35 AM

8 posts, read 13,018 times

Advertisements

Hi, the question that I have is this, I recently found a house that I love. I filled out and submitted all the paper work. The house had multiple offers so I submitted mine and hoped for the best. A day after all the offers were submitted, they had to remove the listing due to possible title defect issues. In the Email I received it did say that as soon as everything is resolved the house would become active again. I would assume that they would want these problems resolved quickly as they are looking to sell the house and there were multiple offers submitted. I am not real estate savvy so I am not sure if I should wait a little to see what happens, or try for another house. The problem is that I found this house in the location that I want and the location is the most important thing to my family. There are a few other house in this are but are not as nice as this one. I am afraid that if I wait to long for this house to become active again the others houses that are available will be sold or taken off market. This area does not produce a lot of house to the market and this is the area that I want to live in and I don’t want to miss my chance to get a house there. I talked to my realtor about this but I am not entirely my with him and would like some other input on my situation. My question is how long do you think this will take for the house to become active again? Any help or insight that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 10:45 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Chances are not great that your offer among all the others would have been the accepted offer. I'd move on.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:04 AM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
I'd keep looking. If someone else comes up then great. Title issues can take a few days to a few months to resolve. It just depends. If this is a MERS property, it might be a while.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:14 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,176,099 times
The issue you have to deal with here is uncertainty. Since the house is not on the market now, and you do not know when it will come back, you are out of the loop.

If you do not see another home that you like today, you can inform your agent and the Seller to contact you immediately when this home becomes available again.

Meanwhile, there will be other homes coming on the market that may appeal to you. So it all depends on how quickly you wish to act.

If it is meant to be, then so be it.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:14 AM

8 posts, read 13,018 times
Squirl I appreciate the response, but I am not asking whether or not the offer will be accepted.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:30 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
120 days if there is an IRS Lien to clear.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:37 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Could be as simple as a lien or could be an issue of adverse possession/boundary dispute or any number of issues which can take a while depending on the jurisdiction for it to get on the court calendar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs