Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 AM

28 posts, read 117,837 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I made an offer on a house and was told to submit my best and final offer by a deadline, there were 3 other offers involved. After that deadline can other offers be submitted from other sellers excluding the 4 offers already involved. For example, while us 4 are waiting for an answer, can another seller come into the senerio and make an offer?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 12:42 AM

370 posts, read 1,068,584 times
Default Multiple offers

It all depends on the agent and the asset manager who works on behalf of the bank. Within the window, the asset manager may continue to entertain more offers. All offers have an expiration time/date to ensure timeliness of the process. Hope this helps.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:00 AM

wow! That probably makes my chances even lower, there are probably other offers beings submitted. I don't know how VA buyers purchase a house since our loan is the least desirable.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:23 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,478,357 times
They offer more to cover the additional cost to the seller. I remember back in the peak market, it was totally normal in our market to see listings that said "Add $500 for a VA offer", or even $750 or $1000.

As for your original question, as nfd said, the bank can look at all offers that come in until the end of the time limit they have given. At that point, they should respond. But they do not have to choose one of the original 4 offers. If they get 3 more offers during that time, they can choose any of the 7. They can also reject all 7 of them, if none meet the price and terms they asked for in the listing

Also, you asked whether people can continue to submit offers after the deadline. The answer is yes. They can submit offers right up until the date of closing. But if an offer is already fully signed and accepted, with no contingencies, any new offers that come in can only be looked at as backups, in case the first offer doesn't close for some reason.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:45 PM

YOU ARE RIGHT!! Just found out that during the waiting period 2 more offers came up!! My realtor said there were 6 offers one dropped out, 2 were too low and my offer and 2 others are good offers. Gosh this waiting is a drag!! I think i"m going to crochet a blanket to help me calm down. I really wanted this house!!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:42 AM

370 posts, read 1,068,584 times
Default Realtors expertise

I do a comparable search on the property and come up with a good offer. found through experience the house is priced to reflect the market value for example I wrote an offer that was way too low and got rejected. After factoring the repairs and adding them to the list price the house was priced comparably. I advise my buyer to pay over the listing price last offer we wrote was $100 over the listing price. That way we avoid the multiple offer situation and get the house. The four foreclosures I sold all appraised for 10-20 of the sales price.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:01 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,748,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrygreenfraggle View Post
wow! That probably makes my chances even lower, there are probably other offers beings submitted. I don't know how VA buyers purchase a house since our loan is the least desirable.
If you think it's hurting your chances why not try to get a different type of loan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs