Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 08:44 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times

Advertisements

I am in another state and have an HOA but under Florida law they only may do a lien for not paying dues. Fines they need to have a fine committee and the owner will get a hearing also. They need to also if they have a rule enforce it for all.
If not as dogs: we have a rule no over 40lb dog never has been in place so if they decide now to enforce this rule.
all the over lb dogs get gradfathered in. There are also statues of when they can go to court here is 5 years or forget it.

It would be cheaper to get a hoa attorney to read this over so you keep your house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 12:53 PM

81 posts, read 195,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
It's SO true! We don't have an HOA and every day you will see no fewer than 16 pit bulls, one or two cockfighting rings, a couple of donkeys, a puppy mill and at least one house where the owner lets his goats graze on the roof! When you stop and ask for directions someone will come and steal your hubcaps and I think a gold mine is being put in on the next block. I never did believe it until it's too late - it's absolutely impossible. Under no circumstances can a neighborhood without an HOA be nice. It's anarchy over here!

So very true - especially in these days & times. SOOOO many people have lost their minds. Maybe 30 years ago, we didn't need an association.

I used to work in sales where I went to people's homes. It was astonishing what I saw in some neighborhoods. One family I recall had 4 broken down old cars parked in the back yard as if it was a parking lot - and the yard was visible to SEVERAL neighbors.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 964 times
I am being foreclosed on a storage space for non payments of the dues, due to a job loss. One day after I received the notice of lien and foreclosure which was emailed to me, I went to the place to try to arrange a method of payment -- this was not possible because the payment has to be made in full, I was told! Then I expressed my concerns about getting an important piece of document out of there and even suggested that someone accompanies me, just to show that I would not be trying to sneak anything out other than the document... It was as just hitting a brick wall -- no, I could not do that either. Now, I have no financial resource to hire a lawyer -- In fact, if I had any money, I would not be writing this at all, for I would never had this problem To begin with. The document in question was issued to me by the government and is a very important piece of identification. I cannot afford anything, notwithstanding the costs of a sheriff! What can I do to get my document? Can I call the police? I only have two days left before everything goes to auction (I.e., clothes, shoes, books, other valuable items such as documents, school diplomas, etc..). What can I do to get just this document out? Thanks for your help. I am really broke and I am really ashamed. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:22 PM

4,567 posts, read 10,650,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monmat View Post
In fact, if I had any money, I would not be writing this at all, for I would never had this problem To begin with.
Nope, they got you. Sell something on craigslist for much less than its worth, you can post it tonight. Yep, it will be painful, but you will have your stuff back. You could have the money tomorrow.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:48 AM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times
hate HOA's with a passion

Old 11-18-2014, 07:37 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monmat View Post
I am being foreclosed on a storage space for non payments of the dues, due to a job loss. One day after I received the notice of lien and foreclosure which was emailed to me, I went to the place to try to arrange a method of payment -- this was not possible because the payment has to be made in full, I was told! Then I expressed my concerns about getting an important piece of document out of there and even suggested that someone accompanies me, just to show that I would not be trying to sneak anything out other than the document... It was as just hitting a brick wall -- no, I could not do that either. Now, I have no financial resource to hire a lawyer -- In fact, if I had any money, I would not be writing this at all, for I would never had this problem To begin with. The document in question was issued to me by the government and is a very important piece of identification. I cannot afford anything, notwithstanding the costs of a sheriff! What can I do to get my document? Can I call the police? I only have two days left before everything goes to auction (I.e., clothes, shoes, books, other valuable items such as documents, school diplomas, etc..). What can I do to get just this document out? Thanks for your help. I am really broke and I am really ashamed. Thanks.
Nothing other than paying.

I am surprised some people think it's ok for others to work for free. Lost your job and/or have no money to pay? Move your crap somewhere else... There is no such thing as something being free...

Old 11-18-2014, 01:07 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,614,434 times
Call your Legal Aid. See if they have ideas.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:43 PM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times
gestapos never stop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs