Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:02 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Upgrading the appliances subjects them to the ORIGINAL MORTGAGE. All you did was maintain the existing ammenities. If you replaced the roof, would you be entitled to strip is off and sell it?
You either own it or you do not.

No where in the Mortgage docs does it say you can't sell your fridge, stove, or front door.

That is why no prosecutions happen.

If you sell the stuff after foreclosure, or after you no longer own it. Then there may be an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

No where in the Mortgage docs does it say you can't sell your fridge, stove, or front door.

If you sell the stuff after foreclosure, or after you no longer own it. Then there may be an issue.

I can agree with that. Before agreeing to MY short sale the bank sent an agent to do an "inspection" to make sure the house was being sold for a valid amount.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:28 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
I started to write back on this and then I realized that it's impossible to debate with a fanatic. The delusion runs too deep, and all the fact, truth, and logic in the world will not be heard.

I feel bad for you that you are so disillusioned. This must be a sad, angry place for you.
Yep like any unehtical person ;who always justifies their action by other unethical persons. Same with any criminal also.Waste of breathe.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,577,050 times
Quote:

But they do identify all fixtures as being part of the property that must remain intact...

http://www.freddiemac.com/uniform/do...eedofTrust.doc

Quote:
...TOGETHER WITH all the improvements now or hereafter erected on the property, and all easements, appurtenances, and fixtures now or hereafter a part of the property. All replacements and additions shall also be covered by this Security Instrument. All of the foregoing is referred to in this Security Instrument as the “Property.”...
Just FYI, a fridge is generally not considered a fixture, but a stove and front door are.

And, as I indicated before, prosecutions do happen, just infrequently. Just because you can get away with it, does not make it justified.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
But they do identify all fixtures as being part of the property that must remain intact...

http://www.freddiemac.com/uniform/do...eedofTrust.doc

[/font]
It is so loosely crafted that a refrigerator or light fixture etc.... is of no consequence.

Other wise if they own it, they have to maintain it.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yep like any unehtical person ;who always justifies their action by other unethical persons. Same with any criminal also.Waste of breathe.
Capitalizing on the backs of Banksters is ethical to you?

Real estate agents are acting as accomplices to the crimes of mortgage bankers.

Where are your ethics there?

If you care to waste your breath.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:36 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,577,050 times
Quote:
It is so loosely crafted that a refrigerator or light fixture etc.... is of no consequence.

Other wise if they own it, they have to maintain it.
Must be nice to be able to make up your own rules.

They don't own it, but it is part of the collateral that secures the note. If you default on the note, then the collateral is theirs.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Must be nice to be able to make up your own rules.

They don't own it, but it is part of the collateral that secures the note. If you default on the note, then the collateral is theirs.
In the spirit of all revolutionaries. When the system is broken, corrupt and rigged against the good people of any nation.

The rules always change.

The rules are written for normalcy, not emergency.

This country has a moral bankruptcy problem.

Pushing back on the aggressors, in this case criminal banking and political institutions becomes imperative to our very survival.

The good news is that you ain't seen nothing yet.

The people of this nation are waking up, and it's going to get real interesting as we are forced to take our eyes off of our personal goals and fortunes and get down to becoming a truly undivided people.

Unfortunately there will be those that push back, making it a much longer and harder process.

The Boston Tea Party was Illegal. Not immoral.
Liberty or Death.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 AM

416 posts, read 637,318 times
thank you everyone, you have solved my problem(s). i will sell all my appliances as they are only 2-3 years old and ask the buyers to bring me their old, broken ones as part of the exchange. Viola! i make some spare change and the house still has appliances...

if you can stomach that reply, then riddle me this...if i were selling my house, my appliances would be part of the negotiated transaction correct? but, if they are part of current loan, then are they not required to be part of the transaction...so how is this different from a transaction where I am "selling" my house back to the lender? selling is used very loosely to cover SS, FC, etc...

the best part of this whole process...reading in detail my loan documents. see "owning" a house is no different than renting except for two things: tax write-off and at the end of the loan the prop is yours. in the mean time, as the loan docs state, the bank is just like a landlord...they can enter my prop any time they want if they "feel" that I am not maintaining the prop so they can maintain it and then the kicker...bill me for the repairs.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:44 AM

2,059 posts, read 5,747,294 times
You might have convinced yourself you're right but good luck convincing your girlfriend!

But hey if you can look yourself in the mirror each day knowing you have the morals you do then fair enough. That's all that matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs