Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 01:31 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Oh please. Are you that person that takes someone's things that they forget at the health club rather than turn them into lost and found?
Are you one of those people that goes to health clubs?

Making lots of dough off of those foreclosures these days?

Modeerf can be snipey too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Wow, who are they?
The squatters are they.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-24-2011, 01:48 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
I've heard of many cases where adverse posession worked. Usually it involves land, though, not an actual house. The idea behind it was to put abandoned property to good use and to avoid conflicts over land boundaries. It gets taken advantage of though...

Old 07-24-2011, 01:53 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
That's all fine and good, but they aren't going to be able to afford to keep it up, make repairs and buy insurance. Not to mention making the neighborhoods into sh*tholes and destroying property values for everyone.

They'll end up abandoning the property in a year or two anyway.

20yrsinBranson
Without the burden of a 30 year mortage like the previous owners, they are in a better position to keep the house than the people that were previously forced out by their mortage company.

And the owners that were there before were not able to afford to a. keep it up, b. make repairs, c. buy insurance, d. pay property taxes, e. make a mortgage payment, etc, etc, etc, etc - I think you get my point.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The squatters are they.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-24-2011, 05:21 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
Quote:
Are you one of those people that goes to health clubs?

Making lots of dough off of those foreclosures these days?

Modeerf can be snipey too.

Yes, I care about my health.

Yes, I am making money off of buyers buying foreclosures these days.

So what? You would prefer that I tell buyers to go away and let that house that they want rot into oblivion because modeerf thinks we should stick it to the banks? Consumers have a choice. Consumers that keep their money in any of the big banks are contributing to their success. If you hate what the big banks are doing, go local and encourage your friends to do so as well. Consumers are not powerless and they have choices. They just choose not to make them out of laziness. So is your money in one of the big 8? Got a credit card with any of the big 8?

I don't take things that don't belong to me. If you want to justify stealing as a means of "justice", that is your choice. Doesn't make you or the squatter right.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Yes, I care about my health.

Yes, I am making money off of buyers buying foreclosures these days.

So what? You would prefer that I tell buyers to go away and let that house that they want rot into oblivion because modeerf thinks we should stick it to the banks? Consumers have a choice. Consumers that keep their money in any of the big banks are contributing to their success. If you hate what the big banks are doing, go local and encourage your friends to do so as well. Consumers are not powerless and they have choices. They just choose not to make them out of laziness. So is your money in one of the big 8? Got a credit card with any of the big 8?

I don't take things that don't belong to me. If you want to justify stealing as a means of "justice", that is your choice. Doesn't make you or the squatter right.
I'd rather see that Realtors stuck to the practice of integrity. Shunned the REO's and focused on properties that weren't foreclosed on through a fraud on the people of this once great country.

Do you facilitate Robo-docs? Do you inform the homeowners that are forced into short sales that they need to look into their rights and possibly fight the MERS and RECONS?

It's easy to condemn someone that is homeless. It's easy to keep making money on the backs of loss.

What is hard is getting educated in regards to the largest taking in American History and deciding to put principle above profit.

Your not helping homeowners when a illegal foreclosure is part of the deal.
Your contributing to the corruption. Possibly facilitating as an accomplice.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:49 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Whats the deal with this nonsense. I have read alot in the last few weeks about people squatting in homes that have been left by previous owners and that do not have a mortgage company claiming ownership of the property either, and they are able to secure the house by paying the back property taxes and filing paperwork in the county it is in.
Adverse possession is almost universally a very, very difficult thing to do that requires decades of "open and notorious" use and possession.

What you're describing sounds more like purchasing a home at a tax foreclosure auction. It isn't uncommon for properties to be purchased from the county or the taxing entity for the amount of the taxes owed under those circumstances. That happens all the time, but it isn't adverse possession.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:26 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
Quote:
I'd rather see that Realtors stuck to the practice of integrity. Shunned the REO's and focused on properties that weren't foreclosed on through a fraud on the people of this once great country.

Do you facilitate Robo-docs? Do you inform the homeowners that are forced into short sales that they need to look into their rights and possibly fight the MERS and RECONS?

It's easy to condemn someone that is homeless. It's easy to keep making money on the backs of loss.

What is hard is getting educated in regards to the largest taking in American History and deciding to put principle above profit.

Your not helping homeowners when a illegal foreclosure is part of the deal.
Your contributing to the corruption. Possibly facilitating as an accomplice.

Robo-signing isn't an issue in Oregon because we do Trustee Deed's here. Nothing to robo-sign.

Homeowners choose short sales. You are confused. Most homeowners could care less about MERS and the issues surrounding it. All short sales sellers are advised to seek attorney counsel and only the rare one does. They are class acts that know that if they lose their job or have to relocate for work, they can't afford to make the payments regardless of the banks transgressions. So they move on. They aren't forced into anything. They make a choice.

52% of foreclosures in my city aren't MERS related with no title transfers. There is no issue in working with those at all and if you want to tell people not to buy those homes that is your choice. Many of them are very nice. Also, not all MERS foreclosures had title transfers, so they may be perfectly legal in my state.

You assume too much and are trying to make generalized statements about the situation when there are 50 states with separate laws and practices regarding foreclosures. It isn't helpful to consumers get educated when you make uninformed statements, like when you said that some Oregon buyers had to move out of a foreclosed house. You never did give me that link that supported that statement.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:57 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Quote:
They are class acts that know that if they lose their job or have to relocate for work, they can't afford to make the payments regardless of the banks transgressions.

Yeah, "class acts" that bought their homes with zero down, wrapped the closing costs into the loan, got a 5 year ARM with initial payments being half of what it would have cost to even rent the same house, then took out home equity lines of credit during the boom to finance lifestyles they couldn't afford. - Then on top of all of that, run to the hills when the day comes that they have a head on crash with something called reality and realize they would be better off giving the property back to a bank and going to rent an apartment. Real class acts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs