Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:30 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,012,795 times

Advertisements

Alright, great! Hopefully your inspection goes well. I had my inspection done about a week ago and it went well. The house is in pretty good shape for a 14 year old home! Just minor things that need to be done, but NO showstoppers.

But now we're just waiting to see if the bank accepts the lower appraisal price. Hopefully they won't take too long to decide, I want to keep the 27th as closing. Have you had your appraisal done yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 02:51 PM

65 posts, read 140,033 times
I'm glad your inspection went well! This home was built in 2006 and they moved out in 2009 and the house looks great. We are having the inspection on Friday they said it is going to be about 4 hours long we already have everything lined up and waiting to go the bank set our closing for Oct 31st they said could be earlier depending on when the appraisal comes in I am worried about the appraisal :/ ... Lots of luck and I'm sure they will get back to you soon ..

Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 PM

Wow, they actually moved the closing date UP? Great for you. I just messaged my Realtor and asked what's going on? I haven't heard anything from the lender. Like I said, if this drags out too long it'll end up pushing the closing back.

Maybe you'll get lucky with your appraisal, but it's a crazy market out there. I'm glad it came in lower, and all parties (except lender of course) thought it should have been lower anyway. Let us know how your appraisal and inspection go. Good luck.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:59 PM

Had the inspection today and everything looked great! They put the order in for the appraisal today and said that should take place sometime next week.. I'm still really worried about the appraisal.. We hadnt seen the house since July and seeing it today was like wow it needs major cleaning the house has been empty for a long time! Lots of work to do nothing major just cleaning.. Have you heard anything back yet?

Old 10-15-2011, 11:22 AM

Everything is ready to go to Underwriting, and we're still on for Oct 27th (we'll see). Since this home is out of state I had to go ahead and schedule a flight (another chance).

BofA accepted the lower price and now we're supposedly waiting on the NEW lender approval letter. I sent my lender the letter saying that they will accept, so we'll see. And to top it off, my Realtor is on vacation that week. It's going to be interesting!
Yeah the appraisal will be interesting, cause the lower price for appraisal for us came to the bad carpet (dog urine ALL OVER IT) and comparables in the area. Other than that the place is in great shape. So the cleanliness plays a factor. But don't overly worry yourself about, hopefully yours will be fine.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 PM

Yay I'm glad that they accepted the lower price thats great Yeah the carpet in this house looks awful we are going to have Stanley Steemer clean them and if that doesnt work then all the carpet will have to be ripped up and all new carpet put down..But I really hope it comes clean because our house is 3329 sq and alot of that is carpet :/ so that means alot of money We have to paint every room because its all done in flat paint and I hate flat paint!

The realtor being on vacation sounds like something that would happen to me ...LOL yuck about the dog urine it amazes me how people just let things like that go and do nothing about it! If I had anything peeing on my carpet it would go outside and stay there.. lol stuff like that bothers me so bad . I was ready to walk out on our deal yesterday because the house looked dirty and my husband said look past the dirt all that will be clean and we will have a nice house and he is right but its hard because I dont remember it looking like that in July when we made the offer..

Old 10-15-2011, 07:18 PM

Yes you have to look past that kinda stuff. I will have the entire house painted (2100 sq feet) to my preferred color. The current paint is not bad, just a few areas here and there. So all in all, we're almost on the same timeline.

Yeah the vacation thing is funny cause she has THREE closings that week! Let us know how your appraisal goes.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:24 PM

UPDATE: Well the loan I gave will take four days as it's coming out of some stock based fund. So I won't be closing on the 27th, so now we're looking at no later than the 11th. LA said that shouldn't be a problem. Only positive is my Realtor will be back in town to assist with closing.

So we're looking for a closing on the 9th. We'll see

Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 AM

157 posts, read 499,094 times
It's only a matter of days now...you are getting so close! It will all work out! Good luck!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:19 PM

50 posts, read 128,025 times
We went under contract on 22 Aug and still no counteroffer. On 4 Oct BOA said we should have it "in 7 to 10 business days" and we are on day 10 with no offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs