Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 10:40 AM

65 posts, read 98,516 times

Advertisements

Maybe since it is such a long process and they already have your offer presented to the bank, they don't want to live with a yard sign another 4+/- months? Our short sale property never even put up a sign, or used a key box, but it is also owner AND tenant occupied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 12:20 PM

20 posts, read 28,045 times
I was think the same thing. The market is so hot right now here in upstate NY. I'm thinking the sellers agent was probably getting so many calls for offers that he just took the sign down to stop the offers from coming in.. The house isn't occupied, the seller lives in California. Hopefully the sellers agent will get back to me on Monday .. I will keep ya posted..

Old 05-30-2015, 01:08 PM

28 posts, read 40,244 times
The yard sign was up the entire time during my deal, and I actually didn't like it. It made me feel like they were still soliciting for other offers the entire way through. Which is their right and the bank may even require it according to the short sale addendum. But it didn't make me feel secure in the transaction, if everyone was doing their best to try and get more offers to scoop mine.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:59 PM

32 posts, read 45,852 times
The yard sign is still up on the house we are trying to buy even though the offer was accepted 3 weeks ago.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:37 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,891,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annag123 View Post
The yard sign is still up on the house we are trying to buy even though the offer was accepted 3 weeks ago.
common practice. Agents can either try and field back up offers, or possibly try and field calls from potential buyers that they can then flip into other properties.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:11 PM

20 posts, read 28,045 times
Ok so the reason why the sign is down is because the sellers agent ran out of signs for his new listings, so he took the sign down.. I just got off the phone with him and he told me the house is still on hold for us. He's still waiting for the seller to get back to him about the tax issues.. I'm getting no so tired of waiting.... Geeeeez

Old 05-31-2015, 05:01 PM

I'm glad it was something simple. I didn't realize you were on hold with their tax issues, that had to make this all the more stressful. I think this just goes to show how different all our sales go, from no sign, to disappearing signs, to perpetual signs.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:51 AM

Still no word from the seller's attorney. My poor realtor and attorney have been calling to check in and no one calls them back! At this point I am not confident that this is going to happen.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annag123 View Post
Still no word from the seller's attorney. My poor realtor and attorney have been calling to check in and no one calls them back! At this point I am not confident that this is going to happen.
Stay positive. Our offer was accepted 4/16, and it wasn't until 5/28 before we got an "update" from the listing agent, which was not even an update! It was her saying she had not heard anything back from the bank yet, but it was the first time she had replied to our multiple texts, emails, and voicemails requesting an update. I wish I had not had any expectations of anything before a full 60 days after my offer, would have made weeks 3-6+ more bearable.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:05 PM

Thanks SumnerRain. I am trying to stay hopeful, property values are going up in our area and homes are selling fast so I really do want this to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs