Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM

106 posts, read 450,121 times

Advertisements

Update: we decided to pass on the foreclosed house so back on waiting on the short sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielh View Post
Sorry to hear that, hopefully it will be resolved soon!

Our agent just called us that our offer on the Foreclosed home was approved!
This is crazy. Price dropped on that house $20k this Monday,went to see it Monday afternoon (been watching it on Zillow for a few months) and 3 offers came in the same day.Cut off time for the offers was yesterday, Tuesday at noon. We put it just in time !.And today they call me that they approved ours! ($5k below newest reduced price for a total of $65k off their original asking price)

Was hoping to have a least a couple days to think about it lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM

123 posts, read 289,238 times
gabrielh, you passed on the house? Wow. In the crazy market here in Miami, a person would be ecstatic that their offer was accepted! I have a friend who has placed TWELVE offers over asking and has been outbid every time. Poor guy.

Well I hope something happens soon with your short sale house. Good luck!!!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:30 AM

This was a great deal but we are looking for the "prefect" house for us (that the short sale we are waiting on "almost" is ).

Market here in Pensacola is crazy as well.

As mentioned in the Fannie Mae thread I used these strategy when giving my offer (hoping to get a better chance of being chosen):

-Gave offer to the same agency that listed the house
-Gave pre-approval letter with HomePath financing (for Fannie Mae eligible houses only).
-No contingencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotoliveoil View Post
gabrielh, you passed on the house? Wow. In the crazy market here in Miami, a person would be ecstatic that their offer was accepted! I have a friend who has placed TWELVE offers over asking and has been outbid every time. Poor guy.

Well I hope something happens soon with your short sale house. Good luck!!!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
This was a great deal but we are looking for the "prefect" house for us (that the short sale we are waiting on "almost" is ).

Market here in Pensacola is crazy as well.

As mentioned in the Fannie Mae thread I used these strategy when giving my offer (hoping to get a better chance of being chosen):

-Gave offer to the same agency that listed the house
-Gave pre-approval letter with HomePath financing (for Fannie Mae eligible houses only).
-No contingencies
Well good luck with the short sale. I hope things get moving with again soon.

When I offered, I bid $14,500 over asking and the only condition was inspection. Of course I wasn't able to ask for seller assist with closing costs. They would laugh in my face if I did that! There was also an element of luck involved. I really believe that had my realtor and I not totally hit it off with the listing agent, I wouldn't have gotten my condo. She listed the condo for a friend of hers and "helped" him pick my offer. I even beat out cash offers! Between that and them only showing the place one day, I was lucky! I had offered twice before that and been outbid or beaten by a cash offer and that is happening a lot down here. So I feel like this place is meant to be for me.

I'm officially closing on Thursday. FINALLY! I know, I cannot complain to you. If I close on Thursday, it will be exactly 3 months to the day that my offer was accepted by the seller. Yey! It's a short sale record!

Keep us posted!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 PM

8 posts, read 23,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesl5385 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesl5385
Hi everyone. Been reading through the forums and it amazes me how different each lender can take to process a short sale. Well here is my process so far. 2 loans on the home: Countrywide 1st and US bank 2nd

7/16/12- Offer accepted by buyer. Listing price $138,800 Offered $137,000 No sellers contribution.
8/14/12- Signed Short sale purchase contract addendum.
8/22/12- Signed statement of personal information from title company

As of now still waiting. Haven't heard anything from agent about an ordered BPO or anything. Is this process normal. I suspect the signing the short sale purchase contract addendum was kind of late considering it needed to be with the submitted off. Any insight would be great. Thanks

11/2/12- My realtor got a message to me today asking if I was still interested in the home....Umm... DUH Isn't that why I am still waiting. She went on to tell me that the sellers would like me to pay for more items. Even though I had submitted a clean offer( I pay closing + down etc..) The sellers got a short sale attorney and need to pay $6500 to him and are only wanting to pay $5500 and wanting me to pay the other $1000 as well as other fees that may occur for the home such as sewer, HOA, etc. Seller agents estimates an additional 5k out of my pocket to pay for the sellers requirements. WTH! I'm walking away from this short sale and going on to something else. I don't think I need to put up with this nonsense.
So it has been a while since I've posted anything on here, but here it goes. So today I got a call from my realtor today that the second bank that is being worked on is in the underwriting stage of approval. We need that approval so that the sellers can get that submitted to the 1st loan they have. The selling agent has told us that it may be 1-2 weeks until we get the 2nd loan approval. I wonder how long it will actually take.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM

I CLOSED TODAY! Today is 3 months and 3 days from the day I first saw my condo. It was a Bank of America Cooperative Short Sale property. These are preapproved short sales. If you guys come across any of this type of short sale, go for it!!!

Good luck to everyone...and Gabrielh, keep us posted! Good luck especially to you!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 PM

24 posts, read 39,618 times
Quote:
Update: Listing agent just called and told me that we need to send the bank a signed contract extension stating that we still want the house (originally signed contract in April with closing date of July 31st lol) and they will send the approval right away.

:Finger crossed:
So how is your SS going? any good news and who is the lender?

Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 PM

Awesome, congrat!! Look like these pre-approved short sale is the way to go.

Today we are at month 9 since we first signed our offer.

As mentioned earlier, the listing agent (we are dealing directly with her) had to resubmit new contracts and everything to the new negotiator/loss mitigator assigned by the bank (3rd one). She said they mixed up a lot of paperwork (with previous buyer's offer etc..).
Also the thing is that seller was using an attorney to deal with the bank an it look like they were the ones that caused the most problems and not following up with the bank properly (I always suspected that).
Now the listing agent is the one dealing directly with the bank and she said that they are very responsive.

This morning she had an email asking if we still wanted the house (duh) and how many days do we need to close.

She couldn't tell me at what stage of the process we are now. I suspect they have to resubmit everything to the investors for approval. (even though in early December they supposedly had investors approval and were getting ready to send us the approval letter ).

Couples things that have been making this process even more painful:

-There are two liens in the house, both with Chase (2nd is HELOC). And the 2nd lien holder had trouble accepting what they were getting the first time (but later on accepted)
(probably going to go through this all process again..I hope not though)

-Investor of the loan is Fannie Mae and are infamous for being unreasonable in there asking prices (agent has been fighting with CMA's..).
Tons of ppl have been complaining about that on the "Short Sale Superstar" Forum.

So...if you plan on purchasing a Short Sale:

-Make sure the short sale and price have been pre-approved by the bank (can always be the case if you are the first one submitting an offer)
-That there is only one Lien on the house
-That the investor is NOT Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

The only upside in all that, is that I was able to sort out my finances during all these months of waiting.

Since we already own a house that is slightly upside down and plan on keeping it and renting it out, we will need to have 6 months PITI reserve for EACH house when closing on our loan (something NO ONE told us about when we got pre-approved for the loan).

So now...we are good to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotoliveoil View Post
I CLOSED TODAY! Today is 3 months and 3 days from the day I first saw my condo. It was a Bank of America Cooperative Short Sale property. These are preapproved short sales. If you guys come across any of this type of short sale, go for it!!!

Good luck to everyone...and Gabrielh, keep us posted! Good luck especially to you!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:26 PM

261 posts, read 422,831 times
Quote:
-Investor of the loan is Fannie Mae and are infamous for being unreasonable in there asking prices (agent has been fighting with CMA's..).
Tons of ppl have been complaining about that on the "Short Sale Superstar" Forum.

So...if you plan on purchasing a Short Sale:

-Make sure the short sale and price have been pre-approved by the bank (can always be the case if you are the first one submitting an offer)
-That there is only one Lien on the house
-That the investor is NOT Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

The only upside in all that, is that I was able to sort out my finances during all these months of waiting.

Since we already own a house that is slightly upside down and plan on keeping it and renting it out, we will need to have 6 months PITI reserve for EACH house when closing on our loan (something NO ONE told us about when we got pre-approved for the loan).

So now...we are good to go
Thanks for the link and that info.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM

Ur welcome.

I meant to say

-Make sure the short sale and price have been pre-approved by the bank (CAN'T always be the case...espcecially if you are the first one submitting an offer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbill618 View Post
Thanks for the link and that info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs