Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 11:24 PM

11 posts, read 35,962 times

Advertisements

My latest update. USAA is willing to submit Nationstar offer for a lien release approval but if stated if the seller wants a full release of the deficiency with the approval then a higher offer would be needed. Nationstar has offered $5k to the 2nd lien holder for lien release. That is the most that Nationstar will pay. USAA is running a lien release approval for now. If the seller is interested in offering cash at closing to get a full release of debt further discussion will be needed. I’m unsure if Nationstar will allow the seller to give extra funds to the 2nd.

Anyone have experience with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 11:44 PM

67 posts, read 169,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2040f View Post
I'm sooo pleasantly surprised that we got approval from lender today!
So now they will open and we will start working on the things that you would do for a traditional sale.

Ocwen Short Sale - Offered close to market value, higher than the list price.

3/13 Offer Acceptance
4/26 BPO
5/2 Affidavit of Arm's Length
5/31 Short Sale Approval
Congrats!

Old 06-01-2013, 02:35 PM

38 posts, read 94,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeBuyer1184 View Post
Congrats!
Thank you . Now the real action starts.

Best of luck with your approval as well.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 AM

13 posts, read 41,528 times
1stTimeBuyer1184, it's been over a month now since i got an update from Bank of America saying they were presenting the package for investor approval. Did it take you that long to get through this step let alone the >1 wait for actual investor approval?

Old 06-03-2013, 01:57 PM

67 posts, read 169,467 times
ChicagoBuyer - I haven't received an investor approval yet. I'm not sure if you were reading a post where I quoted someone. However, I waited a long time for the Chase negotiator to respond and approve the sale (almost 3 months). The negotiator then moved the file over to get investor approval last Thursday. My real estate agent said it should take about 2 weeks. But a lot of people have said investor approvals could take up to a month or longer.

You should definitely check in with your agent for an update. I usually ask mine for an update and hope that she can get things moving along by pestering the sellers agent for more info.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:34 PM

13 posts, read 41,528 times
1sttimeBuyer, ah i probably got confused. Yea i'm just not sure what the hold up is for BoA to get the package ready for presentation. Shouldn't this be a one day thing?? I've asked the listing agent for updates but i don't think she's very knowledgeable about what is going on. (never done short sales before) I've asked her to try and escalate the file since it's been such a long process. Thanks for the info!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:14 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoBuyer View Post
1sttimeBuyer, ah i probably got confused. Yea i'm just not sure what the hold up is for BoA to get the package ready for presentation. Shouldn't this be a one day thing?? I've asked the listing agent for updates but i don't think she's very knowledgeable about what is going on. (never done short sales before) I've asked her to try and escalate the file since it's been such a long process. Thanks for the info!
Chicago, I've learned that BOA can be very unorganized and a 'one-day thing' will take them 1 week. We hardly got updates from them (unless it was just the seller's attorney keeping info). We were told we would have the final approval, in writing, by the end of the day last Tuesday. It ended up coming in Saturday, and they forgot to attach it to the email to the seller's attorney

Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 AM

8 posts, read 26,440 times
Just wanted to post an update: I am closing June 11, 2013!!! YAY!!!

Old 06-09-2013, 06:11 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times
Congrats!! We are set to close June 13!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 AM

38 posts, read 94,357 times
Congrats to bharris20 and jrsydevil82.

I got inspection results and there are more repairs that I hoped for. Lender gave approval as is, even not termites.
We will try to negotiate or I'll have to pay around $10k for repairs.

Do you get repair of termite help from the short sale lender?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs