Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM

501 posts, read 1,463,229 times

Advertisements

Conratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggie78 View Post
The short sale has been approved at the new price. I'm getting this amazing house for $20,000 less than I had originally agreed to pay. Closing is scheduled for Wednesday. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 03:25 PM

501 posts, read 1,463,229 times
And sometimes agents give their clients **** poor advice... higher price means higher commision you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Your agent and/or your mortgage person should be telling you what your options are. The most common option is an appraisal review/audit. The seller's and buyer's agents are both allowed to submit sold comparables to the lender for consideration, and then the information is sent to the appraiser and he/she is asked to look at the information and reconsider their appraisal. Many appraisers are from out of town, or they just don't get it. You can also pay for a second appraisal from a completely different person.

More than likely, this is just a bad appraisal. To be at $105k as a short sale and the appraisal coming in even $20k lower than that doesn't make sense. Get a new one.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:54 AM

13 posts, read 52,404 times
I closed and got the keys on Friday. I can definitely say it was worth the wait, but short sales aren't for people who are on deadlines. The uncertainty really, really sucks. In the end, though, I got an amazing house for an incredible price. Good luck to everyone else who is dealing with short sales - I hope all of your deals work out!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDadof2 View Post
And sometimes agents give their clients **** poor advice... higher price means higher commision you know.
You gotta realize 3% commission of $100K is $3000 and 3% of 80K is $2400. $600 difference is nothing in the overall scheme of things to many people who work on commission. They'd take the $2400 anytime of the week for a guaranteed sale.

Like the OP mentioned, they got an incredible deal on a HAFA (key word being HAFA cause USA taxpayers are forking over the kickback money to the banks and even the sellers get kickbacks to move out). Everyone gets a deal in a HAFA sale except the US Taxpayer. Go figure.

Just remember that even though the final selling price of the home is $80K as opposed to $100K. The banks are still getting their money one way or another. For all purposes, the banks probably is getting close to their entire $100K net that they wanted all along. All the money is just getting funneled through freddie/fannie or other government agency losses. The US govt does not count Fannie/Freddie as part of the overall US budget.

To the OP, congrats for getting a great deal. Like I've posted many times over and over again, especially in my home state of Florida. Many short sells are going for 10-20% less than foreclosures these days. If you are willing to wait, and jump all over a short sell, than those are the best deals these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs