Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,019 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm in the process of closing on a hud home. It is giving me a headache. To start off its a home in Joshua Tx, it is a mobile home with 2.5 acres. We're buying it cash. It's been more than 30 days and haven't been able to close, last week there was an issue where there was a lawsuit with the whole subdivision, where one gas company was suing another gas company over mineral rights and this lawsuit is from December 2013. So in the lawsuit they included the whole subdivision and we haven't closed because of that. So today I got a call from my real estate agent that the title company decided not to do the closing. Well at first they had said that we'll be able to close, but the title would be uninsured. So today I get notified that they're not doing the closing anymore so my real estate agent told me that we could use an attorney to do the closing. Now I'm stuck and I don't know what to do because they are telling me that the only issue I would have with this lawsuit would be that if I decide to sell the home in the future that I wouldn't be able to do so, the only way it would be if the buyers were paying cash. Now I don't really understand the whole issue because I don't even own any mineral rights. So my question is should I procceed into purchasing the home or should I just back out. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 02:03 PM

8,573 posts, read 12,405,577 times
I would back out. No sense buying trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs