Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 06:39 PM

9 posts, read 13,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Is your agent a rookie?
I'm beginning to wonder that myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 06:47 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,540,499 times
There is no rhyme or reason in short sales. Our present home had been under contract for a short sale(not us), and the file was languishing on someone's desk awaiting approval. The foreclosure guys went ahead and foreclosed and put it on the market for $25,000 less than the short sale amount. We swooped in and bought it, probably to the chagrin of the poor short sale folks. I believe there was only a first mortgage involved.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:15 PM

9 posts, read 13,063 times
Time for an update: I let my realtor know that I had contacted an attorney for advice. My realtor quickly got in touch with the seller's agent, who was VERY fast in letting me know how the sale is progressing. From the documents I received, it seems that the sr and jr lien holders are negotiating the proceeds of my original sale price. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Old 10-10-2015, 03:26 AM

9 posts, read 6,943 times
For me, needing an agent to help you purchase a property is different from needing an attorney to help you in making legal decisions. As you know, agents may SOMETIMES be misleading or SOMETIMES do not have the complete information, not to mention that they do not have much knowledge about the legalities of complicated cases. Thus, I suggest that you hire an attorney just to have peace of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs