Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 09:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCamry99 View Post
Thanks for your replies. I found an REO propery. Here is what the agent says:

It's still in the repair process at this time. It has been updated with new kitchen, paint,carpet, HVAC, hot water heater, sump pump and updated baths.

Bank chose to renovate the property prior to listing. The property will be sold As Is once listed. The first 21 days on the market will be owner occupant only. The Bank is exempt from doc and transfer of MD closing costs so the buyer pays both sides.

Is there anything potential owner aware of?

Will there be any additional repairs required after buying?

How do I approach this?

Do I need an agent at my side to navigate?

What is the terms to offer to agent?

Thanks for sharing.
Yes, get a buyers agent.
Get a good home inspector to go over it.
Get a home warranty from a reputable company
Approach it like any other home purchase.
Who knows if there'll be any additional repairs until it's inspected. It's being sold "as is" so they'd be on you if there are. The seller is making it "look pretty" and that's all. So again, a full inspection should tell you about the bones of the house.
Get a good buyers agent to walk you through the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 10:53 AM

508 posts, read 526,551 times
Thanks for your suggestions.

"Get a good buyers agent to walk you through the process."

How/where to find a good buyers agent?

What are the fair terms these buyers agent work with ?

Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCamry99 View Post
Thanks for your suggestions.

"Get a good buyers agent to walk you through the process."

How/where to find a good buyers agent?

What are the fair terms these buyers agent work with ?

Thanks for sharing.
Agents split the commission on the sale, that's out of your hands. There's no indication where you live so what I'd do is go to the RE agents part of this forum //www.city-data.com/forum/real-...professionals/ and ask if anyone could suggest an agent either near you or where the home is. Ask friends if they have any suggestions as well.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:29 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,967,376 times
I looked at an REO condo in Bangkok last week for 6200 USD. BAM :: Bangkok Commercial Asset Management Co., Ltd.. walking distance to the Skytrain. Condos in the central business district go up to 850 USD PSF...still a lot cheaper than Hong Kong. But, I bought two in 2009, one in 2010 in PHX, and LV...all three for 75k, sold for almost double, and had the 22000 USD TH rented out for 582.....they would still be there, but I booted them to sell. Tons of REO in Maryland, especially Baltimore...2500 in taxes on a 50k TH, and horrific schools and crime. Seton Hill or Pigtown would he worth a look, but only in the daytime!..it is very dark around there.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:31 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
I bought an REO in 2010. It was very easy to find REOs back then. I actually bought it from an auction site the lender seemed desperate to sell and it had been on the market a long time .There are hardly any REOs in my market now.

There was a ton of paperwork I remember and everything was an as is sale.

I'd probably try to find the agents that work with the banks.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:20 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,967,376 times
Some great REITs out there, and a good way to get exposure outside of the US.Good dividends, easy to liquidate, and no crack pipes. Retail is terrible, but getting quite cheap. Show me somebody who can convert shopping malls into housing, or at least mixed use. I got in and out of CLDT this week, with some free dividend paying shares.

Last edited by Hal Roach; 06-02-2017 at 07:35 AM..

Old 06-02-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Some great REITs out there, and a good way to get exposure outside of the US.Good dividends, easy to liquidate, and no crack pipes. Retail is terrible, but getting quite cheap. Show me somebody who can convert shopping malls into housing, or at least mixed use. I got in and out of CLDT this week, with some free dividend paying shares.
You've got a good point. Why couldn't a developer convert unused malls into affordable housing? All the services are there.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:47 PM

508 posts, read 526,551 times
Thanks for your replies.

I find some property in
www.hudhomestore.com for HUD houses. The list price looks higher. How far below, we go list price for bidding?

Is there a way to find past list/bid price history in www.hudhomestore.com?

Thanks for sharing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs