Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:58 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,733,296 times

Advertisements

...a sign of the times Las Vegas Now | Homeowner Destroys House Before Foreclosure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 11:16 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,476,526 times
Becoming an epidemic, and the homeowner can be sent the bill as well.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:19 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,585,197 times
I've went to see several foreclosures. The first two I saw, I remembered just wanting to cry, it was so sad. Huge holes knocked into walls. In every room. Fixtures removed. Hateful things written on the walls.
I've been in several others since then where nothing was messed up.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:56 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
I heard about people throwing concrete through the toilet so overtime you have to break open the foundation to have it repaired...

I was in a short sale home and the owners were there when it was showed and it felt unconfortable to have them there....music was on so loud and an old lady was sitting on a bed in not the most lady like way....and the floor was covered in coffee spills like they had made a path to find the kitchen back....horrible to destroy and try to prevent the home from selling. If you can't afford it at least behave like the day you got the mortgage loan. This should be punished, like the 406 who were arrested in the mortgage fraud operation, last week.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:24 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,530,825 times
The REO properties (forclosure) I appraise are usually damaged. Light fixtures ripped out, plumbing, etc.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:29 PM

663 posts, read 2,259,123 times
Boy this is depressing. More proof that some of these owners were not qualified to own the home.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:32 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,278,136 times
...and another reason why the values of those homes are what they are. Yes, foreclosures are such deals! Keep on thinking that. There's a reason why the good ones are getting multiple bids... and the bad ones... they'll probably be left for bulldozing.

... don't really blame them.. they're probably in the worst place in their lives.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:35 PM

663 posts, read 2,259,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck22b View Post
...and another reason why the values of those homes are what they are. Yes, foreclosures are such deals! Keep on thinking that.

... don't really blame them.. they're probably in the worse place in their lives.
I don't think I'd want the headache of owning a foreclosure even if it was given to me for free!

As for not blaming them, I can't help but wish that they had a conscience and realized that two wrongs don't make a right...

Old 06-24-2008, 07:12 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
The house across the street from mine is a foreclosed home and just after 2,5 years, sold...the new owner paid $ 100 K less than the investor who bought it from the builder and it was never lived in. The investor took all the appliances out and more (blinds, mirrors, etc.) and never had the utlities on so the sprinklers were never used and the yard was all weeds. The new owner moved in a month ago bought some blinds, mirror, appliances and to the suprise of all neighbors... he just put scott fertilizer, stuff against the bugs, on the grass and a lot of watering and within 2 weeks the yard was green and except for a little part of the yard, it is weed free. So it didn't cost him new sod (huge yard) and we learned that even a foreclosed home with a very nasty yard can be solved with not too much money
We recently had 2 people buying foreclosed homes which are looking great now.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,476,526 times
Question I have, does this happen in every down RE cycle?

Now I cannot say for sure the homeowner did it, but a corner lot house on my street has very bad damage. And, It happened AFTER the for sale sign went up, after GMAC bank owned it again.
It is not listed yet.
It happened sometime on last Saturday night into Sunday morning.

Now, there is a huge chunk of concrete siding missing from the side of the garage, and the garage seems like it is sinking. Looks lower than the rest of the property.
The side gate is also damaged too.

This house was a "pride of ownership" house, I think between that and the 2 jet skis and huge truck and bmw did these homeowners in financially.

I wonder if GMAC will make repairs or sell at a deep discount??

I looks like an SUV plowed into it or some type of truck.

Very sad, but, it will be interesting to watch and see the outcome.
Such a beautiful house.

ETA Just found out it was a drunk driver, not the foreclosed homeowner, and the neighbor called 911 and the drunk driver got arrested.

Last edited by Mugsy; 06-24-2008 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: new info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs