Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Real Estate: foreclosure, market, agent, flip a house, buyer, loan, mortgage.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 AM

179 posts, read 298,372 times

Advertisements

[quote=fairmarketvalue; Believe me, Dave, they are truly in their own little "California, pesimistic world". No matter what data you give, what opinion you give, none is correct compaired to them, unless you agree and jump on their "real estate is bottoming out" ride. I have come to the conclusion that they all live in CA, which is like no other area in the US., they refuse to hear that realestate is doing well ANYWHERE in the US and if it is, the buyers are stupid suckers who have just bought something that will LOSE money immediately and continue to do so, etc., etc., etc., blah, blah, blah!
[/QUOTE]

Even in California, there are areas that are doing very well. On my street (94040 - Mountain View), three homes went up for sale which is very unusual because people hold on until they pass on. I plan to do the same most likely because I really like our area.

First homeowner passed on in February - the estate executor handled the finances and the home went on the market in July. The realtor indicated on the sale sheet that they will take all offers for two weeks and at the certain date, they will review all offers and make determiantion. The day after the determination date, the house sold. House next to them, the man went into a senior care home sometime last year after losing his wife. He also passed on 3 months after the first homeowner. The realtor just put up a sign indicating "coming soon". In two days, he put up a sign "sold". The third home, the homeowner had cancer and she also passed on this year. The house was left to her two children. They decided to sell. This one I don't know all the details that much. But I did go to the open house. The home was really in a bad shape but like many in our neighborhood had a big lot for the area. The house sold within 1 1/2 weeks.

Then, if you go 2 - 2/1/2 miles away (or even closer - I'm not that good with estimating distances), houses are sitting much longer.

Last edited by nasu; 08-21-2008 at 01:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 05:26 AM

945 posts, read 1,988,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasu View Post
Even in California, there are areas that are doing very well. On my street (94040 - Mountain View), three homes went up for sale which is very unusual because people hold on until they pass on. I plan to do the same most likely because I really like our area.

First homeowner passed on in February - the estate executor handled the finances and the home went on the market in July. The realtor indicated on the sale sheet that they will take all offers for two weeks and at the certain date, they will review all offers and make determiantion. The day after the determination date, the house sold. House next to them, the man went into a senior care home sometime last year after losing his wife. He also passed on 3 months after the first homeowner. The realtor just put up a sign indicating "coming soon". In two days, he put up a sign "sold". The third home, the homeowner had cancer and she also passed on this year. The house was left to her two children. They decided to sell. This one I don't know all the details that much. But I did go to the open house. The home was really in a bad shape but like many in our neighborhood had a big lot for the area. The house sold within 1 1/2 weeks.

Then, if you go 2 - 2/1/2 miles away (or even closer - I'm not that good with estimating distances), houses are sitting much longer.
Nasu,
Nice to see a "positive post" from CA. Thank you and I'm glad your area is doing well too. I'm sure CA has many "pockets" that are not in the same catagory as areas that Humanoid keeps refering to. Thanks for giving the rest of us positive folk some good news about CA.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:58 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmarketvalue View Post
Nasu,
Nice to see a "positive post" from CA. Thank you and I'm glad your area is doing well too. I'm sure CA has many "pockets" that are not in the same catagory as areas that Humanoid keeps refering to. Thanks for giving the rest of us positive folk some good news about CA.
Is the area really doing well?

Median price in 94040 is down over 30% YOY and sales are down over 50% YOY...

//www.city-data.com/zips/94040.html

I guess "well" is a very broad term....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs