Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 AM

480 posts, read 2,829,276 times

Advertisements

Where does one find free and accurate listings of bank and/or tax foreclosures in New York? I'm assuming there is a government agency that has such data. Perhaps it's different for each county. I'm interested in Long Island. (Nassau - Suffolk)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 10:39 AM

991 posts, read 4,618,237 times
realty trac gives you the street name, not exactly the number of the house though and it tells you the status, preforclosure or what not. What area are you looking for? There is a foreclosure down the block from me.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:40 AM

No specific town. Just looking around for potential flips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
realty trac gives you the street name, not exactly the number of the house though and it tells you the status, preforclosure or what not. What area are you looking for? There is a foreclosure down the block from me.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:46 AM

991 posts, read 4,618,237 times
Hi, the house is in Patchogue, it is preforclosure status, The house was all done 1 year ago, I am not sure what the price is. It is in nice shape if you pm me I will give the real estate that is handling it.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:43 AM

I should have qualified my search criteria. I'm looking for foreclosures that are in need of repair.

I was hoping for listings by town, for comparitive purposes.

Thanks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Hi, the house is in Patchogue, it is preforclosure status, The house was all done 1 year ago, I am not sure what the price is. It is in nice shape if you pm me I will give the real estate that is handling it.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:55 PM

62 posts, read 330,008 times
Check123- I have too been looking into foreclosures, my boss at work flipped 2 homes on LI and lives in the 3rd he purchased as foreclosures at auction. He said to call the banks. Usually in the suffolk life newspaper each week they list a notice of the auctions for each town for the foreclosures. I did call WAMU and they dont list the actual listings, they send you to a website but you have to pay for the actual listings - www.ibankhome.com , www.reoexpert.net just to name a few. However Bank of America does list it on their website if you do a search for foreclosures. I still have yet to call the Bank of NY and other local banks. You can also call independent mortgage companies and ask for their listing of foreclosures. That is just some basic information I have learned. If you google NYS Foreclosure Laws..it tells you how to go about everything and what all the terms mean and time periods, plus the codes for the listings...good luck!

Old 03-17-2007, 11:03 PM

202 posts, read 470,899 times
anyway, in regard to this thread there are many forclosures out there and they can be found by calling the banks that now own them. just my .02

Old 03-18-2007, 06:50 AM

413 posts, read 1,588,884 times
Default Careful !

Read this if you plan to buy foreclosures in NY.

http://www.benchmarkta.com/Home%20Equity%20Theft%20Prevention%20Act1.pdf (broken link)

Old 03-18-2007, 08:51 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
I work with a handful of fix-n-flippers here in Denver. The key to making a profit has always been and always will be "Buy it Right" if you "Win goin' in" and you are cost conscientious (meaning you don't put granite in a lower end house or laminate in a higher end one) follow the trends to attract buyers - you can flip in any market every day of the week.

My advice to my clients is buy at or below the average price for the area, unless there is a lot of money to be made on a higher priced property. For instance there is a foreclosure down the street bank paid $418,000 the house needs carpet & paint and a few finishing touches...the last house like that sold for $585,000.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:54 AM

612 posts, read 2,778,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I work with a handful of fix-n-flippers here in Denver. The key to making a profit has always been and always will be "Buy it Right" if you "Win goin' in" and you are cost conscientious (meaning you don't put granite in a lower end house or laminate in a higher end one) follow the trends to attract buyers - you can flip in any market every day of the week.

My advice to my clients is buy at or below the average price for the area, unless there is a lot of money to be made on a higher priced property. For instance there is a foreclosure down the street bank paid $418,000 the house needs carpet & paint and a few finishing touches...the last house like that sold for $585,000.

True. I still flip in Florida and everyone says it can't be done......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs