Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:58 PM

182 posts, read 530,634 times

Advertisements

YEA!!!!!!!!!

Well I've been away for awhile studying for my finals but I have GREAT news! I just bought my first house and it was a short sale!

The seller accepted my-full price offer on 4/5/09 and then today, 5/6/09 at 10:00 pm, I got word that the bank approved it! I have to be closed and have the deed filed by 6/5/09- a mere month! I have MOST of my financing done, so I should be mostly good to go!

I was worried for awhile because my realtor told me that just a few days ago, the seller had completed the extensive paperwork needed and shipped it to the bank! I thought it would be MONTHS before I heard from the bank but NOPE!

The story mostly ends happily. My fiance and I are not doing well. He's not happy because he hasn't even begun to try and sell his un-sellable home and we already said (mostly in anger) that we should cancel the wedding. The funny thing is, I don't care. I am 28 years old and getting my first home. Whether he moves in or not, I could care less. It's just going to be tighter on the budget than I had first thought. But that's a whole 'nother story. For now, I am just VERY happy about this the great deal I got on a very nice home!

I wish the best of luck to all those still waiting on word from their short sales.

I can finally stop being jealous of all those who already got the good word.

And I can thank this GREAT forum that taught me what a short sale was and what I could expect. Thanks to a lot of the great posters too (LongIsland).

Let's just hope nothing funky happens in the next 30 days before close...

Jenn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,162,342 times
You go girl!! leave him in the dust

Old 05-06-2009, 10:52 PM

22 posts, read 63,320 times
Congrats! That was a fast approval.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
You go girl!! leave him in the dust

Hahaha. You're funny!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanwcm View Post
Congrats! That was a fast approval.
I am very surprised too. As a glass-half-empty person, I was SO sure something would go wrong. Then again, there's 30 more days for that to happen - or NOT! Hahaha!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:07 AM

761 posts, read 3,405,736 times
LUCKY! Way to go! , hope everything works out.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:38 AM

982 posts, read 1,094,411 times
Congratulations, Jenn! I hope it works out with you and your fiance. Great things in life are so much greater when we have someone to share them with. Good luck to both of you!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 AM

205 posts, read 822,234 times
jsimon521, great news! What bank was doing the short sale? (Please say Indy Mac ) 30 days for me is tomorrow. They had a BPO done somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks ago and there's been no activity since as far as I know.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDragon View Post
jsimon521, great news! What bank was doing the short sale? (Please say Indy Mac ) 30 days for me is tomorrow. They had a BPO done somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks ago and there's been no activity since as far as I know.

I honestly don't know right now which bank it was because I swore the last bank she re-fi'd the house to went out of business for -surprise- giving crazy high loans.

The only thing that really stinks is that while we have to have the deed in our name by June 5, possession won't actually be for 30 days after that! I HATE having someone else living in "my" home while I'm paying for it. The liability scares me, the potential for damage to the home, the cost, and the fact that I can't start cleaning and gutting it!

GRR! But I guess this is not an uncommon practice in Ohio and they are generally out of the home within 2 weeks of closing.

Jenn

Old 05-07-2009, 03:31 PM

19 posts, read 257,013 times
Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! It's nice to hear great news like yours when mostly these short sales are aggravating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs