Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:33 AM

486 posts, read 983,520 times

Advertisements

I've been on the market for 6 mths when I started interviewing buyer agents I spoke to 3. I chose one of them. She was very responsive and had the most experience. However, after 3 months of back and forth I couldn't find anything I truly liked. She seem to have gotten frustated with me & my endless questions. Every time we went for viewings I felt she was rushing me out. I never felt I could see the houses completely because she would not let me take my time and say we have to do to our next appointment and sometimes was on the phone with other clients. The last time we spoke I told her nothing in the market was suitable. She told me to let her know when something of my liking popped up, however, she discontinued my MLS emails two weeks later. The other agents are still sending me MLS listings. I received one I really liked last week. I decided to contact the listing agent on my own saw the house and LOVED It. However, it's an REO. I'm not sure what to do. I want to make an offer, but don't want to go at it alone. Not sure which agent to work with. One of the other agents is very nice but he's not very experienced (3 yrs). Any sugestions? Pointers?

PS: I feel I really have to move on this one because there's alot of interest and I don't want to lose the opportunity..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,417,668 times
Do you have a written agency agreement with the lady who fed you listings and took you out for 6 months?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:05 AM

I didn't have any agreements with any agents at all. The agent I chose to work with in January never asked for any sort of agreement she was helping me but never asked me to sign anything. She took me to view properties 3 times in a span of 3 months. (4 houses the first day (mid Jan), 1 the next (mid March) and 2 (early April) the last time. She discontinued the listings in late April, when my original pre-qual letter expired. The home I went to see last night (the one I really want) had an accepted offer in March when I wanted to see it. I found that one on my own back then since it wasn't on the MLS. I'm very active on my searches and found a ton of listings that no agent finds for me, but it didn't/doesn't bother me, I just gave her all the contacts. Then asked her to contact them since she was my agent. She told me she did and was told it had an accepted offer. Then it came on the market again last Thrusday, this time it's on the MLS and one of the other agents, who is still sending me listings sent it to me as part of his automatic emails to me.

Last edited by gf1025; 06-24-2009 at 10:36 AM..

Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
What price range are you shopping?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,254 times
My only suggestion is don't dawdle... if you think it's going to go right away, just call up the agent you had previously and get an offer in.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:35 PM

Gf got your message...good for you! I wish you the best of luck getting it in there and getting it done!!

Old 06-24-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoasting View Post
Gf got your message...good for you! I wish you the best of luck getting it in there and getting it done!!
Thanks,
She's now working on contacting the listing agent. Quick question, since an associate agent for the listing agent showed me the house does that mean I can't use a different agent to buy the house? My old agent made it sound like I just sabotaged her by going to view the house on my own.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 PM

637 posts, read 3,235,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Not sure which agent to work with. One of the other agents is very nice but he's not very experienced (3 yrs). Any sugestions? Pointers?
Quote:

PS: I feel I really have to move on this one because there's alot of interest and I don't want to lose the opportunity..

Experience is relative; dont assume because one agent has been a realtor for 15 years that they are more experienced than one that has only worked for 3 years. To me experience isn't time on the job, rather its number of transactions. I go with the one who is actually selling real estate, not one who has just been sitting around doing nothing as they will have more experience; more than likely they will be more well versed with the process and potential pit-falls that can happen.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks,
She's now working on contacting the listing agent. Quick question, since an associate agent for the listing agent showed me the house does that mean I can't use a different agent to buy the house? My old agent made it sound like I just sabotaged her by going to view the house on my own.
Hmmm. That's a question for a Realtor®/agent from NYC to answer. NYC is a different animal. Often times the listings are exclusives up there. But..then again, you said you found it on a mls listing that was automatically sent to you by yet another agent. You didn't sign anything with the listing agent that opened the door... and just opening the door does not make one procuring cause. So..I would say no, that's she incorrect and is doing a little creative worrying. But, like I said, it could be different in NYC.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:49 PM

2 posts, read 7,502 times
Default Making an offer on US property

As a homeowner in the UK, I am looking to invest in the US property market, in and around Florida. Having researched a numbr of properties, what would be a reasonable percentage, under the asking price to offer on a property for approx $100,000?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs