U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 03:01 PM

104 posts, read 393,548 times

Advertisements

Over the weekend, my husband and I received a ratified contract by the sellers of a house we put an offer on. We are now waiting to go through the short sale process a second time, after losing out on a previous short sale.

This short sale involves 2 loans, both through Wells Fargo.

Wondering if anyone has experience with a Wells Fargo short sale and how long that process lasted until they closed?

Thanks very much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 03:04 PM

26,343 posts, read 88,395,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargainhigh View Post
Over the weekend, my husband and I received a ratified contract by the sellers of a house we put an offer on. We are now waiting to go through the short sale process a second time, after losing out on a previous short sale.

This short sale involves 2 loans, both through Wells Fargo.

Wondering if anyone has experience with a Wells Fargo short sale and how long that process lasted until they closed?

Thanks very much!
I'll bet the answers will be all over the place because there are so many different situations, but it should be interesting and educational to hear stories from the trenches.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:20 PM

8,047 posts, read 26,573,053 times
We have found Wells Fargo to be far more helpful, and faster to respond than Bank of America. So far, those are the only two banks we have dealt with on the listing side. Wells Fargo seems to have had a reputation for being pretty quick on the short sale process, compared to other banks.

The one that we have listed that was a Wells Fargo loan just got an offer accepted by the bank, after only about 30 days. The BofA one we listed is about to close. Its been 7 months since the first offer, which didn't close. The offer that is going to close came in about 3 months ago, but the only reason it went so quickly was because all the prelim work was done from the first offer. We've had some in the office that we were the buyer's agent on that were as long as 9 months on bank approval. Most people give up before they get to that point.

Wells Fargo has also been far more responsive to questions, updates, followups, etc. BofA basically says "we won't call you, ever, even if there is a problem, or a question, you have to call us." Calling them takes at least an hour every time until you are assigned a negotiator.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:49 PM

10,217 posts, read 19,958,909 times
I don't know if they compile lender specific time frames but I had a pretty quick as far as short sales go with WF recently. It was about 6-8 weeks. Average ss time frame runs around 111 days I think.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:10 PM

104 posts, read 393,548 times
Thanks very much, we are hoping to close before the tax credit expires at the end of June, but realize this may not happen. We are crossing our fingers anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs