U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2006, 09:50 AM

19 posts, read 62,980 times

Advertisements

Is anybody up to date on the Fort Collins area? I went to CSU years ago but I know it has grown dramatically since I have been there. Did you ever get a decent mall? Is there more than one school district there now, if so which is the most favorable? I am most concerned about the Jr. High and High Schools. What about areas of town to live in? I don't imagine we would be too interested in being too close to campus. We would be looking to stay under 350k but would need at least 4bd/2.5 ba and 2500 sq feet min. How is the job market now? My husband and I are both in sales, my position can move where ever I am but he will be starting over.
Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2006, 02:12 PM

66 posts, read 463,259 times
Default Northern Colorado Update

Hi CotoAZ,

I don't know how long it has been since you were in Fort Collins, but the population now is near 140,000. Loveland is around 61,000 and Windsor is near 18,000.

The biggest draw in shopping right now in Northern Colorado is The Promonade Shops at Centerra, located off of I25 and Hwy 34. Yes, Fort Collins lost big time to Loveland on this deal. Lots of great clothing shops, restaurants, movie theater, sporting goods, electronics, etc.

Fort Collins is still in the Poudre School District. It has grown to 7 high schools, 4 public and 3 that I would consider private or charter related. The newest public high schools are located on the southeast side - Fort Collins High and Fossil Ridge High. Absolutely huge campuses for both. Newer junior highs feed these high schools as well. Know that Fort Collins is school of choice and that you can attend a school outside the normal school boundaries. Even kids from Loveland attend schools in Fort Collins. The Fort Collins schools as a whole outdid the rest of the state on CSAP by 9 - 19 points.

There are now 10 junior high schools. Fort Collins still sends 7 - 9 grades to junior high, and 10 - 12 to senior. Other cities send 6 - 8 to middle school, and 9 - 12 to senior high.

Fort Collins has grown tremendously and there are some very nice neighborhoods all over the place. Just depends on what amenities you are looking for. It currently is a buyer's market in Northern Colorado (I know because I am now in real estate). You can get a lot of home for $350K and under. I just searched MLS and there are 48 homes listed between $300-$350K with 4 br, 3 ba, and minimum 2500 sq ft. There are 32 in Loveland, and 10 in Windsor. Lots and lots of choices.

Northern Colorado lost a lot of jobs in Hi Tech over the past 4 years (I know, I was one of them from Hewlett-Packard after 24 years). Smaller businesses are springing up and beginning to fill the void left by Hewlett-Packard, Agilent, Celestica, and other medium size companies. I'm not sure what field your husband is in, but I have seen sales positions at Hach Company and others, some that could be remote.

If you need more informatioin, email me by clicking on the send private message button.

dave
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or