Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:14 AM

12 posts, read 37,423 times

Advertisements

No, maybe next time. It was a very nice trip, and just made us more interested in coming to Fort Collins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 PM

194 posts, read 524,643 times
I'm not from Fort Collins, but I do visit from time to time.

I just came back from a trip to Fort Collins, and wanted to comment on the buffalo steak I ordered at Austin's American Grill. For its price, that steak has got to be one of the best I've ever ordered! Does anybody else think that or is it just me?!?!

Sorry for posting in an old thread, but I didn't feel like this post merits its own thread.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 AM

85 posts, read 249,435 times
We were just there two weeks ago - my husband ordered that and said it was just awesome! We have family coming to visit soon and we're planning to take them there.

By the way, the new Greek restaurant on College is worth a visit! It's called Taverna Greek Grille.

The food is good, the service is terrific, and the atmosphere is fun. They have the flaming cheese (Opa!) and you can throw plates after dinner (said to bring good luck). They also have dancing and music. It's fun and I love that the Chicago owner decided to invest here! Worth a visit!!!

I also saw that the Fort Collins Brewery finally opened their restaurant - we plan to visit!

Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 AM

Another place to visit is in Old Towne...Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Company...
Rocky Mountain Olive Oil

We went to their grand opening - I bought two types of olive oil ... with grilling season upon us I recommend people stop in and support this new business. It's common in other parts of the world and the US and I was thrilled to see it come here. The owner is nice and very knowledgeable and the service is top rate.

It's great to see such things going on here...I hope it leads to more...

Old 05-06-2011, 04:41 PM

1,822 posts, read 2,002,162 times
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

How about organic and local farming type food? I suppose there's the FC Food Co-operative and Whole Foods. They may not be restaurants per se, but maybe there are some restaurants sort of along those lines?

Old 05-07-2011, 11:19 AM

I know Austin's definitely supports local. Most do. That's a strong theme in Colorado. There is a lot of support for local farming and there's a Farmer's Market ... a couple of them actually. I think you might have to check each individual restaurant to find their policy but I think most of the ones downtown advertise that they buy local. I'm pretty sure that the new restaurant the Fort Collins brewery opened is also into local. I remember reading that. There's plenty of organic and yep, co-ops and whole foods and Vitamin Cottage - which is a large grocery store also - organic. Like I said, this definitely won't be an issue here.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 AM

Our family ate at the new restaurant at the Fort Collins Brewery last night. It was a really great experience. The food is good, the atmosphere is fun, the service is terrific. I suggest people give it a try. They haven't been open long and are finding their wings and I think they should be quite successful if last night's experience is any indication. They have a sign out front that states they use local organic produce.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:36 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,469,422 times
Grant Farms is located in Wellington, so there there should be plenty of organic and local produce available!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area