Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:54 AM

12 posts, read 37,390 times

Advertisements

We're coming to Fort Collins tomorrow to spend several days looking around and enjoying the beautiful Fall weather. Any recommendations on good places to eat for lunch or dinner? How about a good steak place for a birthday dinner (my 60th ) on Sunday?

Thanks to all who have provided info about the area from an earlier post. It's been very helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 02:48 PM

718 posts, read 1,985,094 times
Fort Collins has many, many choices when it comes to restaurants. We like to eat on the sunny patios in Old Town. Austin's and Coopersmith's are favorites of ours. Austin's might have the steak for which you are searching. Lubick's Steak House in Old Town is also supposed to be pretty good, but I have not tried it.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:48 PM

97 posts, read 264,917 times
Jay's is really good as is Canyon Chop house for steak. The breweries are also fun; New Belgium and Odell's. Coopersmith's has a great location in Old Town and good pizza is Beaujo's in Old Town.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:44 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
Canino's, Bisetti's both on College, about 100N (Bisetti's) and 600 or so south (Canino's) are about our favorite Italian. Fish on the pedestrian mall, west side is very good too. For Asian we love Lulu's, also on College, about 300 S.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:38 AM

87 posts, read 246,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Canino's, Bisetti's both on College, about 100N (Bisetti's) and 600 or so south (Canino's) are about our favorite Italian. Fish on the pedestrian mall, west side is very good too. For Asian we love Lulu's, also on College, about 300 S.
Lulu's is indeed good Asian.
HuHot is a Mongolian BBQ place in old town and is decent.
I like Nordy's BBQ out on I25 (near the Event center)

I have not been to any "steak" places in Fort Collins as I usually prefer to grill my own steaks.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:15 PM

koopdaddy, we tried Nordy's once and didn't care for it, not that big a buffet fan at my age. After living in TX for the last 30 years we kind of got spoiled on BBQ.

BBQ Bob's on south 14th in Loveland, right by Schmidt's Bakery is good and resonably priced BBQ. There's also a place in Johnstown, but that's a ways to go for BBQ.

Another place that we just tried is Okole Maluna (sp?) on Main in Windsor. I perform occassionally at Windsor Community Playhouse and a lot of the locals had recommended it. We tried it last week and were very impressed.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:29 PM

87 posts, read 246,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
koopdaddy, we tried Nordy's once and didn't care for it, not that big a buffet fan at my age. After living in TX for the last 30 years we kind of got spoiled on BBQ.

BBQ Bob's on south 14th in Loveland, right by Schmidt's Bakery is good and resonably priced BBQ. There's also a place in Johnstown, but that's a ways to go for BBQ.

Another place that we just tried is Okole Maluna (sp?) on Main in Windsor. I perform occassionally at Windsor Community Playhouse and a lot of the locals had recommended it. We tried it last week and were very impressed.
Okole is very good. We will definitely be going back there. I tried BBQ Bob's, it was simple but to me, average. Not that it was bad, I would go there again. Just nothing amazing to me. Of course I guess I am a bit biased since I think I can make it better, but that is just me

Old 10-08-2010, 09:51 AM

One of our default lunch places is Sofia's Bistro in Loveland. It's on the northbound side of the divided part of 287, about 14th or so, a few blocks south of Eisenhower. Eclectic menu.

Several places have come and gone in this location but Sofia's looks like it's in for the long haul. It's the only enterprise in this building that we've ever had to wait for a table, although not ever for long.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:58 PM

12 posts, read 37,390 times
Sofia's was good. (service was slow).
Austin's was great (the chicken pot pie was terrific.)
Jay's was very good if a bit pricey.
Coopersmith's - great lunch
Canyon Chop House - highlight of the trip. Great steak, great sides, great service.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM

718 posts, read 1,985,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeckham View Post
Sofia's was good. (service was slow).
Austin's was great (the chicken pot pie was terrific.)
Jay's was very good if a bit pricey.
Coopersmith's - great lunch
Canyon Chop House - highlight of the trip. Great steak, great sides, great service.
Glad you enjoyed them! Did you get to sit in the vault at the Canyon Chop House?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area