Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM

48 posts, read 127,092 times

Advertisements

[quote=Molly11;17818732]
....... Our horses are family not pets, if you don't have or like or know anything about horses you wouldn't be able to understand. Nice "advice" though. Not all people in there 20's are stupid just so you know.

Absolutely not. Giving up one's animals is NEVER an answer for any animal-lover. I am amazed and heartbroken when I hear so many stories of the people who lose their homes and just leave their pets behind in the vacant house or just drop them off somewhere. I will never understand it. My cat is one of my best buddies.

Hold onto your horses and make the best of it. Things will work out somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 08:00 AM

8 posts, read 18,995 times
Hi Molly... yes, I personally know Mike Weber and he knows his stuff and is a great resource.

I am not sure if you know much about how many investors actually buy homes (especially in our current credit market), but you could cut out the investor completely and buy the property like they would in your current situation. I've run the local real estate investor group here in Fort Collins since 2003. If you want to send me a PM and I can send you a link to a website that has a bunch of free videos on some of the strategies they use.

Glad to see you're buying a home. I think it is critically important for our country to move back toward home ownership.

Sincerely,

James

Old 03-09-2011, 04:24 PM

259 posts, read 601,609 times
Molly, my husband and I were in a similar situation back in the mid-90s. We had both just come through divorces and were broke as a result. We found a house that had a rent-to-own agreement, and that's exactly what we did. We rented it for nine months. During that time we saved enough money for a down payment so we could buy the place. It was a good solution for everyone. The single mother who owned the house had to move out of state and was having a hard time selling the place. We were all pleased that it worked out so well.

It seems to me that, with so many foreclosures, there would be a lot of rent-to-own places available, since there aren't nearly enough buyers. Has anyone ever tried approaching a bank that owns such a property with a proposal like that?

Old 03-13-2011, 03:38 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,562,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Orr View Post
I think it is critically important for our country to move back toward home ownership.
And silly me, thinking that most of the financial problems of the last 3years are probably do to our country pushing home ownership too much?

I'm just confused by this statement? When did we move away from home ownership?

Old 03-15-2011, 06:38 PM

7 posts, read 8,612 times
PM sent to you about your rent to own question.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:53 AM

8 posts, read 18,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemess10 View Post
And silly me, thinking that most of the financial problems of the last 3years are probably do to our country pushing home ownership too much?

I'm just confused by this statement? When did we move away from home ownership?
This article talks about the push AWAY from home ownership:

Strategies: Home ownership is a small-business issue - USATODAY.com

Old 05-19-2011, 12:08 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,201,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyEstate View Post
You must have heard about all the fallout, losses and foreclosures going on. So lenders are extremely cautious. You will not get a loan for more than the home is worth because they are not going to take on that risk.
Too bad the past 10 yrs or so have made loans so inflexible...although it was necessary due to the financial abuse that was practiced during this time. See last year's documentary Inside Job, which summarizes what happened to put our world economy - and the mortgage industry - in the dumper.

Miracles happen all the time, however. Hope you will keep us advised of your progress!

Will leave you with this thought:

...when we focus on problems, we will have more problems.
when we focus on possibilities, we will have more opportunities.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM

6 posts, read 6,914 times
My father reecently passes away Dec. 4th 2011. My Mom is still in the house wth a mortgage of $112,000 in which she owes. Is there anyone who would be willing to buy this and then let her rent it back so she could stay there? Medical bills are coming in droves and a little more than she can handle.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:20 PM

718 posts, read 1,985,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya Painter View Post
My father reecently passes away Dec. 4th 2011. My Mom is still in the house wth a mortgage of $112,000 in which she owes. Is there anyone who would be willing to buy this and then let her rent it back so she could stay there? Medical bills are coming in droves and a little more than she can handle.
Depending upon the amount of equity in the home, a reverse mortgage may be an option for your mother. This would allow her to receive payments on the equity in the home.

Mike Weber

Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 AM

45 posts, read 184,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya Painter View Post
Sorry for your loss. As Mike suggested, you might look into a reverse mortgage for her. I could probably get you in touch with some friends of mine who do this, but I am not sure if they are taking on more houses like this.

PM me if you want or if the reverse mtg does not pan out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area