U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 PM

2 posts, read 4,362 times

Advertisements

Although I've never visited and I've just began my research about the area but bottom line is: I want out of California. I am 52 and no longer working due to being placed on SSDI. All of my finances went out to trying to save my home. After a two year emotional journey of accepting that I probably won't be dong as I did, I've decided that this is the time to move for me. I have a friend in Berthoud. She moved to Cali in the 80's (Orange County) & moved back in the early 90's. My boyfriend will be coming with me. He too, has been unable to locate a job. We will be moving with my dog. Fort Collins, Loveland, Pueblo, Aurora. I just want to be able to communicate with people who live there are know of the area becasue this will be the first time I've moved outside of Cali. OK, I'm going out on a limb by asking this but what is the current breakdown on races. I am living in an area where a white person is the minority. The Hispanics are the majority. I no longer want to live that way or being turned away from jobs because I'm not bi-lingual. Cost of living, rents, things to do, places that pets are accepted, we are 420 patients and CO is a 420 state, are there recommended places to live that have acess to dispensaries. Any info from anyone reading this would be helpful. I am looking at June to move
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 06:57 PM

23,012 posts, read 42,140,195 times
Demographic data can be found on this site at this link. Just click on any city or town you wish.

MMJ sites are all over the state, you'll have no problems in that regard.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:16 PM

96 posts, read 262,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejillster View Post
I just want to be able to communicate with people who live there are know of the area becasue this will be the first time I've moved outside of Cali. OK, I'm going out on a limb by asking this but what is the current breakdown on races. I am living in an area where a white person is the minority. The Hispanics are the majority. I no longer want to live that way or being turned away from jobs because I'm not bi-lingual. Cost of living, rents, things to do, places that pets are accepted, we are 420 patients and CO is a 420 state, are there recommended places to live that have acess to dispensaries. Any info from anyone reading this would be helpful. I am looking at June to move
Jillster, I can totally empathize with your frustration about the economy, but please don't take your anger out on Hispanics. Remember, CA, AZ, NM and yes even CO were all Spanish territories. Colorado is a Spanish word. I'm afraid you might be disappointed because, yes, Colorado has a lot of Hispanics and has for hundreds of years. I do hope you find your medicine, though, because maybe that will help you gain a little more tolerance.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 2,276 times
Hey Jillster,

I am from San Luis Obispo! I moved here to Fort Collins in May of 2009. Being a recent Californian refugee myself, I do understand your feelings about race and language and don't hold it against you. I would estimate that Northern Colorado is somewhere between 80 - 90 percent white. There are many young families and college students in Fort Collins. The only way you may feel yourself a minority here is that you are a little older and not married.

The job market is terrible but it's that way everywhere. I would estimate the rent to be about 30 percent less than what you'll find on the Central Coast and the cost to buy, less than half. Gas seems to be consistently $.50 cents cheaper.

There are dispensaries on nearly every corner so I don't think you'll have a problem there. I think the toughest part you'll have is being away from the ocean, especially for the first year. Well, that and the weather. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area