Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 09:53 AM

4 posts, read 10,939 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering moving to Ft. Collins next spring. He is from Colorado so he knows the weather well, but I am a life long AZ girl (near PHX) and am curious. If you transplanted from AZ how do you like the weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 07:57 PM

16 posts, read 35,955 times
Beware the low pressure systems . . . they have been killing me this spring. Headaches, trouble breathing, fatigue. One after another. Not pleasant for those sensitive to atmospheric changes. Research this . . . it's very different here from the southwest. In fact, between the altitude and atmosphere . . . it can be challenging. Just thought of something . . . maybe that's why they have a lot of atmospheric studies going on in this area! . . . duh!! Something to be aware/beware of.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:24 PM

97 posts, read 265,045 times
I am not from AZ but I have clients from Goodyear,AZ and they seem to be loving the weather though they did have to go buy their kids the fur-lined crocs! Also, when we did the home inspection in April the inspector could not get on the roof because of snow, the weather changes quickly here. I can get you in touch with my clients if you would like their take on it. I am originally from SoCal myself and love the weather here and it is probably one of the few places I could live.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 AM

152 posts, read 392,367 times
I am from Southern California, but I am very familiar with the weather in Phoenix. Fort Collins and Colorado in general have climates that are nothing like AZ.

Be prepared for many more cloudy days, a little more rain, and ridiculous temperature swings. It can very well be 60 degrees colder from one day to the next. There is absolutely no stability in the weather here. The winters are mild relative to Minnesota, but you will find them frigid!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,102 times
I am from So Cal originally and have been in the middle of no where Texas now for about 3 years due to my ex husband and am ready to leave here(never wanted to come here) but after all that I hear from friends and family about CA (that are still there) and the changes I do not know I want to go back there. I am 80 hours into a social work deg. that is in Texas and Colorado 120hours to complete so that I can hopefully find a good job soon to support my girls on because my ex is court ordered to pay child support but Ca is not getting anything because he is in Houston Texas (about 8hours from us currently) and he is being taken care of by his family and gave up an amazing job to not have wages garnished. I have been told I should be able to transfer my university work from here to CSU in Ft. Collins, just wondering what to do. My girls are going into 6th, 4th and 2nd grade and my finance would need to locate a job but he is all about moving to CO as he lived in Montana for 9years and loved it. Advice on things and schools and also the Ft Collins area please? Also does anyone know IF CO would actually help me go after the ex and the 80plus thousand he owes me currently? Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area