U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
26,124 posts, read 43,874,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Was Colorado Springs friendlier than FC?
Yes this is my experience too. More 'retired' military and conservatives in CoS. They have more time for other folks in general. (than do the 'upwardly mobile' in Ft Collins... + busy soccer moms, students, academia, and the many ex-engineers who are now working 3 'under-employed' jobs to keep up.)

It really depends on your social connections and interests. Both places can work well, tho Loveland is for more laid back than FC. Lots of dynamics in FC. +/-
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 09:33 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,297,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Was Colorado Springs friendlier than FC?
I think a lot of it depends how old you are. If you're in your 20's FoCo is WAY friendlier in the Springs. The Springs has a huge age gap from HS kids to people with families in their 30s. It's not a great place to be if you're a younger single adult. I lived in both places for 2.5 years, and for me I made way more friends in FoCo.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 AM

16,434 posts, read 19,975,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemess10 View Post
I think a lot of it depends how old you are.
Older than dirt...

Old 03-03-2012, 03:51 AM

12 posts, read 22,217 times
Ok my fiance was looking for cooler weather and I was looking for cooler summers(bloody hot down hear) but we were hoping for green trees freindkly people but like to be left to ourselves as well.
Not interested in 10 miles from town or living on main street,middle income low crime nice enviorment not to far from major city but average shopping near by. This is the area that got picked!
Where else can we go?

Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 AM

16,434 posts, read 19,975,479 times
If green is a high priority Colorado may not be the best fit.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:03 AM

3,296 posts, read 8,794,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickmeup View Post
Ok my fiance was looking for cooler weather and I was looking for cooler summers(bloody hot down hear) but we were hoping for green trees freindkly people but like to be left to ourselves as well.
Not interested in 10 miles from town or living on main street,middle income low crime nice enviorment not to far from major city but average shopping near by. This is the area that got picked!
Where else can we go?
You might look at areas in the Pacific Northwest. I agree, Colorado isn't particularly green and the climate may or may not meet your desires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area