Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 02:01 PM

29 posts, read 82,392 times

Advertisements

I am going to Fort Collins with my husband and our 1 1/2 year old daughter for the week of Thanksgiving. Can you suggest some activities that a family would enjoy with a 1 1/2 year old including some of the nice everyday things a family might enjoy like a walk in Old Town or some community Thanksgiving traditions. We do not ski.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 05:34 PM

718 posts, read 1,985,985 times
The Old Town Ice rink will be operating by then. Here is link to some of the activities in Old Town during this season:
Holiday Events: Downtown Business Association

If City Park Lake is frozen, you might also skate there. A walk along the Poudre River on the recreation path is fun. Take the little one to see the animals at the Lee Martinez Farm.

Enjoy your time here!
Mike Weber

Old 11-06-2011, 09:06 AM

29 posts, read 82,392 times
Thank you Mike!

Old 11-08-2011, 04:05 PM

10 posts, read 29,317 times
Hi. We are new to Fort Collins (here just four months) but I would have a few suggestions for you. I'll keep in mind that you have an 18 month old, so you options would be a lot different than people without little kids...

First, I would check out Spring Canyon Park on a mild day. The playground is great & it's fun to watch the dogs in the dog park. There are lots of nice playgrounds, and I am sure you could find several other nice ones near where you are staying. Lots of the playgrounds have hiking/biking paths that run through them.

There are a couple indoor play areas- one being Cool Beans (admission) with a play area for kids & coffee & wifi for parents, another one being the play area at the Foothills Mall (free). The mall itself isn't great but it's ok for a cold day, and you'll find lots of little ones to play with your child.

We love to eat at Cafe Mexicali. It has great food & Monday nights are free for kids (eat in or take out).

Walking along the Spring Creek trail is fun. Or rent bikes at the Bike Library (old town) and bike a trail. You can park at the Gardens on Spring Creek & go from there. The old town area library is great too, with a nice kids area and frequent story times for kids.

Of course, downtown is awesome! We like to go in the Cupboard and get the kids a little candy treat from the candy counter (with free coffee samples for the adults) and sometimes Mary's Mountain Cookies. There is a great toy shop next to the cookie place.

The brewery tours are fun- New Belgium or even Budweiser. If you had a back pack & your little one was cooperative you would probably enjoy them.

I've noticed that their are tons of thrift stores here, so if you are in to vintage things or like to bargain shop you can do that. There is a cluster of antique & vintage stores on South College, too.

There are lots of scenic drives, weather permitting. I can't provide details about those, but I'm sure most natives could. Estes Park is pretty close, and there are plenty of easy hikes there that you could do with a 18 mo old on a shoulder pack. Bear Lake is one that comes to mind. Of course, check the weather before going.

Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area