U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:25 PM

5,484 posts, read 9,698,723 times

Advertisements

My wife got assaulted by a CSU fan tonight. Grabbed by the neck and pushed backwards over a chair by a drunk kid as the game was ending tonight. Told the police officer a section over and he gives me a dirty look and says sto chill out and get over it. I guess if you root for the opposing team you are fair game at CSU. He said if you want to file a report go over to the station, but I'm busy. Nice hospitality Fort Collins.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 PM

35,106 posts, read 43,452,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
My wife got assaulted by a CSU fan tonight. Grabbed by the neck and pushed backwards over a chair by a drunk kid as the game was ending tonight. Told the police officer a section over and he gives me a dirty look and says sto chill out and get over it. I guess if you root for the opposing team you are fair game at CSU. He said if you want to file a report go over to the station, but I'm busy. Nice hospitality Fort Collins.

So go to the station and make the report and take her to the ER and have her checked for any possible medical issues as a result of the assault.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 PM

What's the point? He was one of hundreds of potential people, little chance he gets identified now. If the ushers and the cops are going to ignore it this behavior pretty much is going to be allowed to happen. She isnt hurt, and the attack was totally unprovoked. We were trying to leave and I guess this is the Fort Collins way to celebrate so I will just send in a complaint tomorrow and stay out of the city from now on.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:46 PM

35,106 posts, read 43,452,960 times
Okay, don't your choice but what is the point of sending a complaint tomorrow when you feel that nothing is going to be done anyway. Why waste the time?

Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 PM

Good point, I already learned my lesson that Fort Collins is not a welcoming place. First and last time today I'll spend any time there.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 PM

60,043 posts, read 78,452,350 times
that would not happen here. i am sorry this happened to you.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:12 AM

11,047 posts, read 11,920,503 times
Fort Collins is plenty welcoming. You are judging an entire city of about 150,000 people solely off of the actions of one drunk college student. I'm sorry that you had a negative experience, but these things happen at sporting events. I presume that you are referring to the Rams-Rebels game, and that you are a UNLV fan. With that said, I am certain that similar incidents have happened in the T&M Center. It's a shame, and I am by no means excusing the individual's behavior, but like I said, it is something happens at sporting events everywhere. To judge an entire university and the city in which it is located is a bit extreme. If you are going to let one bad experience shape your entire opinion of the place, then happy trails.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:29 AM

121 posts, read 182,827 times
If this happened to your wife, then it's criminal, deplorable, revolting, and inexcusable.

Based on what you said the reaction of the officer was, it's most of the same things.

I WOULD contact the police, and explain the story, giving as much detail as you possibly can -- particularly (if you have it) the name or badge number of the officer involved. If he was a CSU cop, then you may need to call that agency, too.

And I WOULD recommend that your wife get checked out, medically. You just never know.

As to whether or not you judge the entire town of Fort Collins by the actions of this individual ... right now ... if I were you ... logic wouldn't be my first priority

I hope your wife is okay, and that the Police can give you SOME satisfaction.

Best of luck.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:49 PM
'M'

1,830 posts, read 2,744,287 times
NBeener...excellent. Willy, so sorry about this incident...I hope your wife is still doing OK. Being roughed up and pushed over a chair isn't customary or appropriate behavior in any situation. Yeah, sports fans do get overly enthusiastic - and aggressive - sometimes, but self-control and courteous behavior go hand-in-hand with enthusiasm. Also hope you do follow through, get her checked out just for the record, and file that police report. Not sure what to think about that flippant police officer. Could you also write a letter to the editor and the sports editor of the Coloradoan newspaper - and to CSU as well? That might help bring this all to the forefront.

Last edited by 'M'; 03-01-2012 at 10:03 PM..

Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 PM

566 posts, read 1,782,962 times
Sadly it could happen anywhere nowadays. But less likely in Fort Collins than most places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or