U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,229 times

Advertisements

I am 22 year old lesbian and I am considering moving to FC to go to school. I want to know if there is a gay scene there and how people would react to me being gay? I currently live in Sandy, Utah and obliviously there are a lot of LDS people. There is a huge gay scene here and I have never been treated different for being gay surprisingly. I have tattoo's and facial piercings but nothing over the top, will I stand out here or could I feel kinda at home? Also would I be able to find employment? Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 11:37 PM

9,527 posts, read 9,086,587 times
Sandy and FC are both Rocky Mountain cities, and they react about the same when it comes to gay tolerance.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM

95 posts, read 265,791 times
Depending on where you are the situation is different. One of my best friends is gay and his boyfriend came up and stayed with us for a few days and we didn't' experience any homophobia. Thats not ot say its not here, however, in my experiences in the last year of living here people here are more homophobic than in boulder county by a small degree.

Here you can always find about 3 hillbillys once and a wile that will make a gay joke overly loud around my friend but it's usually in ****ty bar's you wouldn't wanna bother with anyways.

I'd like to think that on average 95% of FoCoenans are accepting of gay culture but i have a feeling its closer to 80-65% of people that really are.

On the bright side there's a gay bar on the south side of town called the fox, they've been open on and off again and it seems like it might be alot of fun, they always have cool lights flashing when i drive by! If not there's always the prop gay parties in boulder that happen once a month.

Tatoos an piercings are not an issue, i had my lip pierced for years and got some funny looks from little kids but nothing ever negative. My girlfriend has many tat's and I've never herd her say there's been any form of discrimination. However if your looking for a job that might be another story. If you have a 9 inch long beard like my self its a bit hard to find a job. i found it also hard to find a job when i had multiple piercing in my ears and on my face, but i'm sure that's the same as anywhere. Why not live it up now when your in school and worry about people hiring you for high paying job when you have piercings later.

Honestly i can't say too much about the gay scene because my buddy has had his boyfriend for the last 5 years, but if you where to go to school here and have a bad time because of it i'd be embarrassed by my fellow Coloradans. I'd like to think we're a very accepting lot of people and wile it might be hard to break into a group of friends, i hope we're as welcoming as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or