Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 08:09 PM

28 posts, read 79,411 times

Advertisements

In my visit,(mainly Loveland) I went to Centerra outdoor, Discount outlet
in Loveland, and Foothills Mall in Fo Co, which looks dated!

Where else do people shop in Loveland/FoCollins?

Any Costco?

Any cheap shopping?

Sam's store in Loveland is atrocious! How's the one in Fo Collins?

Any Sears, JCPenney? discount clothing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 08:49 PM

718 posts, read 1,985,985 times
I find good deals on clothing at the JC Penney store on College in Fort Collins and at Kohl's on Harmony next to Sam's. Closest Costco is north edge of Denver. Sears is in the Foothills Mall in Fort Collins, which I'd agree is very dated. I haven't been in the Sam's in Fort Collins in several years, but I remember is as being typical warehouse shopping. Nothing particularly bad stood out to me.

Mike Weber

Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enikkor View Post
In my visit,(mainly Loveland) I went to Centerra outdoor, Discount outlet
in Loveland, and Foothills Mall in Fo Co, which looks dated!

Where else do people shop in Loveland/FoCollins?

Any Costco?

Any cheap shopping?

Sam's store in Loveland is atrocious! How's the one in Fo Collins?

Any Sears, JCPenney? discount clothing?
Fort Collins and shopping are mutually exclusive. The whole town is about 20 years behind Loveland because Fort Collins' city government has been run by the anti-development/anti-business crowd since the mid-90s.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:00 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,709 posts, read 58,042,598 times
There is talk of Costco coming north. It will be a sure bet eventually to capture the WY business. I would expect to see one near Windsor exit before too long.

Sams in Ft Co is fine (tho I'm not a Walmart shopper). I have seldom had to shop outside of Ft Col / Lvld. Occasional north DEN (maybe 2x / yr). Retailers are jumping on the 'free shipping' bandwagon, so pretty soon you will not need to leave home much to shop.

There are both Sears and JC Penney, as well as the Outlet Mall on west side of I-25, across from Centarra.

Shopping is not something I would see as limited in the NoCo area.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:19 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,562,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Fort Collins and shopping are mutually exclusive. The whole town is about 20 years behind Loveland because Fort Collins' city government has been run by the anti-development/anti-business crowd since the mid-90s.
Or because they decided that the city actually wanted to promote local-owned, independent businesses (namely near old town). Does the front range really need another generic, big box store, suburb of Denver?

OP, I would look to Ross, right off of college.
Also you should make a drive up to Sierra Trading Post in Cheyenne (only about 45 mins. away). They have insane deals on all kinds of clothing. They do a lot of high end fashion as well as outdoor gear/clothing, so you should definitely be able to find a variety of things. You can also try out anything they offer in their catalog, since it is also the distribution center. Definitely worth a trip up once in a while.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemess10 View Post
Or because they decided that the city actually wanted to promote local-owned, independent businesses (namely near old town). Does the front range really need another generic, big box store, suburb of Denver?
And that's all well-and-good if you don't mind turning up your nose at the sales tax revenue generated by the much-maligned big-box stores. Old Town's tax revenue can't even hold a candle to Centerra or the Outlet Mall.

Either way the root of the problem is a vocal group of bluehairs who are desperately clinging to a view of Fort Collins circa 1975.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:01 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,709 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:
clinging to a view of Fort Collins circa 1975.
actually "1963" (when the FIRST mall on S College was more than adequate, and a bit closer to town).

Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,562,733 times
Quote:
And that's all well-and-good if you don't mind turning up your nose at the sales tax revenue generated by the much-maligned big-box stores. Old Town's tax revenue can't even hold a candle to Centerra or the Outlet Mall.
Does it need to? Are Fort Collins' finances significantly worse off than Loveland's?

Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 PM

75 posts, read 111,588 times
Quote:
We live in an area that has fought off big box for twenty+ years saying the community doesn't want these companies in our community yet when one finally gets in they are swamped with patrons. (yet our local government will allow in multiple Kmart and pharmacy chains that flood our area with the same products. It is a difficult balance I guess but I am for variety. Being a small business owner I am concerned relocating to the area with our business in tow. Any advice as to neighboring communities more small business friendly? Thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area