U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 03:36 PM

711 posts, read 1,784,486 times

Advertisements

There are some mixed use buildings in Fort Collins, especially in Old Town (many historic buildings with this setup). There have been several buildings of this nature built near campus in recent years, as well. These are found on Laurel north of campus, on College near Laurel, and in Campus West. I can also think of one in the 100 block of east Swallow. Penny Flats (in Old Town) was a recently constructed property in the Old Town area that had this configuration.

There are a few different ways this is executed. Some have condos for sale on upper floors and business condos at street level. Some lease apartments on the upper levels and lease business space at street level. One proposal I saw a couple of years back was retail space for lease on floor 1, office space for lease on floor 2, apartments for lease on floor 3-4, and condos for sale on floor 5.

Fires are completely controlled and mostly out around Fort Collins, though there may still be some hot spots in the interior. The experts say that they likely won't be considered "out" until the first snows. Now the concerns are turning to recovery.

Just today I withdrew a listing for an estate lot that is up Rist Canyon, due to fire damage (before and after pix attached). The sellers and I determined that the property is not in any condition to sell currently.

There are a few fire-damaged lots still listed for sale that have pre-fire photos posted, but a majority of the properties listed for sale in the area were untouched. Despite the news reports, much of our area and state did not suffer fire damage. The week of July 4, I was hired by a lending institution to check on 30+ properties to confirm that they had survived the fire, and I found that all of them were still standing and unaffected.

Johnson's Corner RV park outside of Loveland is probably the most convenient location for jumping on I-25 to Denver and Fort Collins.
Attached Thumbnails
Questions&more questions! Local KOA, FC traffic, September activities, commute to Denver & toll road??-p7140681.jpg   Questions&more questions! Local KOA, FC traffic, September activities, commute to Denver & toll road??-dscf0019.jpg  
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 09:01 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,298,121 times
So Sad. Rist is by far my favorite road ride in the Fort. Just so sad.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:09 PM

11,286 posts, read 46,218,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommalot View Post
Thanks again sunspot & jgarretson and everyone else's input. I am thankful for it. I am inclined to go with jgarretson on the traffic comp as it seems hard to believe FC traffic would compare to San Fernando which is where we grew up. (hmmm... Guess that was a ways back!) Though we are very blessed to not have traffic issues locally, any traffic will probably seem heavy to us for a while! How is the transition going jgarretson??

We have been looking at RV parks in Loveland also. (didnt see any in longmont) They look nice on the RV website but I see mixed reviews so we will see! We will have some time in FC after training and we are looking forward to it.

Real estate question.... I have been looking at real estate as well and I am noticing an increase in land ads. Several in Estes and surrounding areas. The pics are beautiful but I wonder if the land looks the same or are they before the fire pictures?? Also, how common are multi zoning buildings in FC? Where business and residential can be obtained? (ie: business downstairs and apartment upstairs etc? )

Our hearts go out to the folks in CO with the fires and shooting, it's been a rough summer. What's going on with the fires? Haven't seen them in the news of late though I haven't been in front of the tube much either.
Thanks again!
Colorado mountain real estate is undergoing serious problems these days ...

The pine beetle infestation has grown dramatically, with so many acres turning brown as the trees died. I just flew over to Craig yesterday and from the air, the devastation is observable as a substantial percentage of the forest. In some acreage, the trees are all dead ... in others, 30-40-50% are dead. So the views, the wildlife habitat, and the watershed are all radically affected, diminishing the value of the area properties.

As well, the fire damage in some areas is a big issue and radically affects local property values. On top of that, insurance companies are getting very reluctant to write homeowner's policies in the area. I was shopping this month for comparison coverage on my places in Colorado and a number of underwriters will not take on the risk anymore.

Most of the fires were naturally caused, with the tinder-dry conditions in the forests these days and so much standing deadwood. Some were careless people caused ... campfires/cigarettes carelessly handled. People are becoming much more aware of the risks they impose; this year, 4th July fireworks were almost nonexistent.

Having just driven Mulberry, College, LaPorte, and a number of side streets in the Old Town and FC municipal buildings area ... I'd tell you that traffic wasn't moving on the main streets. 4 sales calls into that area in the last 2 weeks gave me a number of off-rush hours of traffic to deal with. Several of the traffic lights took several cycles to allow me to clear the intersection, so I'd say traffic wasn't moving very well.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:47 PM

60 posts, read 90,632 times
THANKS! You guys are great. I have really appreciated the time taken to answer and comment on my questions and have learned quite a bit from the feedback and reading through other posts, thank you.
Looks like we will be there in Just a couple of weeks after all is said and done. I will post what we see and experience. I think it will be a great trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area