U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:09 PM

26 posts, read 172,571 times

Advertisements

My wife and I decided to go ahead and take a few days to come see Ft. Collins/Loveland. Were leaving Indiana early Thursday Oct. 5 and we'll make it back that Sunday in the afternoon.

Sooooooooo.....what should I do while I'm there? I want to see and do as much as possible while were there. It'll be tight, its only a day and a half but we haven't taken a trip for awhile and we want to get a feel for what it's like out there.

A day and a half. What do I do? What do I see?

I'm definetely hiking horestooth and getting some pics. I plan on cruising around the neighborhoods a bit to see what they're like. I plan on going to Old Town of course.

Help please! Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2006, 07:57 PM

I have been researching online but I'm open to suggestions to those of you who live in the area.

Thanks for your replies.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:49 PM

56 posts, read 363,675 times
Definitely check out the New Belgium Brewery, 500 Lindon. Order up a Fat Tire Ale, watch the beautiful fall sunset. If your interested in such things, go up to Colorado State University and find the student union (I can't remember what it is called), there will be all kinds of info on fun things going on in town. Take a drive up Poudre Canyon and stop at the Mishawaka Inn for a burger and some great local music . Pick up a great big yummy cinnamon roll at a old place on the way from Ft. Collins to the Canyon. I know it is well known around there, and they have a big sign out front, but old age has made me forget the name. Just ask around, someone will know it. It is a fun town, I hope you have a great time.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:04 PM

Thanks for the reply! I cant wait to get out there.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:21 AM

22,548 posts, read 41,438,387 times
If you can spare a few hours, drive up to Estes Park and into Rocky Mtn Nat Park to see the Elk and the Aspen trees.

You're gonna like Colorado.

s/Mike

Old 09-28-2006, 03:25 PM

45 posts, read 332,314 times
I really want to give you some great, enlightened information, but I haven't had a chance to look things up as to what's going on in the area. Quite frankly, with that little of time, you'll be so busy look at the natural beauty of the area that things to do will have to wait. Ft Clns has a delightful old town and worth the walk around for dinner. Loveland does have a wonderful sculpture park at Eisenhower & Taft, this is also the "Lake District" of Loveland and one of the High Schools. Nieghborhoods to look at is best done starting from your price point because the prices vary sooo much. go to coloproperties.com and put in our search criteria.

Have fun!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:40 PM

3 posts, read 10,571 times
Default How about Loveland

If you make it to Loveland, be sure to visit the sculpture park, it is really nice.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:58 PM

thanks for the replies. going to estes park is top on my list of things to do. then going to horestooth and walking around in old town, then spending a bit of time checking some of the neighborhoods were i've found homes in our price range. concolour3, youre right, checking out the scenery is about all we will have time for. i feel sorry for my wife, i haven't shut up about colorado for two weeks now!

Old 10-04-2006, 10:01 AM

two more days!! this time thursday i'll be hittin the road!

Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 AM

66 posts, read 387,207 times
Question What can you tell me about Fort Collins?

I really want to move there, but my husband is concerned about his profession and not being able to find a job. I work in the medical field and I think I will be ok. He is a heavy equipment operator. He drive those big earth movers (scrapers). Is there work for a heavy equipment operator around fort collins? How is the job market in general?

I was also wondering about the weather. What are summers like? What are winters like?

How about animals and critters? What types of animals and critters should we be aware of there? Tics, snakes, bears, mountain lions, etc...

How far is Poudre River? Is it a nice river? Does it get really crowded?

About the university....is there a lot of rowdyness with the kids there?

Thank you for any help you can provide

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-09-2006 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: Combining two posts into one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or