Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 PM

163 posts, read 424,947 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Fort Collins in the near future and I was wondering what are some of the best areas to look for work. Without specialties in certain fields?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 01:23 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,090,525 times
the usual... Walmart, McD, regional landfill, 7-11, gas stations, ...

Check to see if Costco is actually coming to Timnath. That is a great employer w/ benefits for PT (same w/ Starbucks).
Try, Clancy's and Walmart distribution center (both near airport). Budweiser?

I personally would work nights while I gained a skill (preferably at CSU / College / employer with FREE schooling). Nights pays more and you have all day to get education, work another job, or have fun...(bicycling is GREAT during the day when all the 'crazies' are working or in school, and off the road.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:46 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,750,133 times
You may want to try center partners, they always seem to be hiring for their call centers.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:50 PM

98 posts, read 237,909 times
Make sure you do some research about jobs and the housing in this area. Renting is EXTREMELY expensive in Fort Collins. If you work somewhere like Center Partners, you will qualify for the low income housing, but there is a rather long waiting list for it. We currently live in low/moderate income housing, and there are a lot of people living here that work at Center Partners. We moved here and underestimated the cost of rent. My husband makes decent money as a car salesman, but even so rent in a "normal" 3/2 house is more than we can afford. We're currently in the process of trying to buy a house, as the payment will be about half what rent for that house would be. But just be aware that the rental costs in this area are crazy, so you don't end up living in a motel or with friends/family.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 4,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docryan View Post
My family is moving to Fort Collins in the near future and I was wondering what are some of the best areas to look for work. Without specialties in certain fields?
be ready to compete with student populations...look in april or july...after that...its hard...lots of landscape jobs...lots of temp places to start...have a good resume
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area