Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:00 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times

Advertisements

I vote that DH get a job here (Laramie)
UL IDES | Plastic Materials Data Sheets & UL Yellow Cards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 04:13 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I vote that DH get a job here (Laramie)
UL IDES | Plastic Materials Data Sheets & UL Yellow Cards
There are some jobs open in Laramie, not sure if Sarah's guy qualifies for any of them, but even at low pay, the money saved on the commuting idea still makes a crappy job a decent alternative.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:20 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
There are some jobs open in Laramie, not sure if Sarah's guy qualifies for any of them, but even at low pay, the money saved on the commuting idea still makes a crappy job a decent alternative.
No INCOME tax in WY, so he may get a RAISE !

One of my Ft Collins friends who worked as a Union meat cutter at big store transferred to Laramie, WY and made out like a FAT CAT compared to his career / pay opportunities in Ft Collins. (WAY too many available workers).

Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,689,504 times
I agree with everyone else. I wouldn't consider a commute between Laramie and Fort Collins to be a viable option. Highway 287 is not a great road and it's not something I would even consider doing on a daily basis, especially if you need time to study. It may be 65 miles, but they are not easy miles, especially if weather hits (and it often does in that part of the state). Your commute could easily turn into 2-3 hours a day and there's a very good chance of the road closing and turning you back or leaving you stranded.

I would focus on your husband finding work in Laramie if you are set on grad school there. Or, as others have suggested, living apart during the week and visiting on the weekends. I did this for a year and half while my husband went back to school. We had a 3-4 hour drive between us though, so commuting wasn't even an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area