Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 01:29 PM

116 posts, read 218,842 times

Advertisements

I have lived in several states and have never seen alcohol served at a gym except for in Colorado.

I can't get a piece of fruit or a smoothie but there is a full bar to choose from. Wine list anyone?

Do a treadmill and beer really go together at 11am?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 04:48 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
I have only seen it in Fort Colllins, but given the way the cities economy is built around the college and the bar scene it would fit that the gyms want to get in on both of those at the same time.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:04 PM

116 posts, read 218,842 times
The bar is filled with adults though, not college students

Old 05-25-2014, 12:52 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
sells more memberships! And a really good excuse to spouse "I'm Going to go work-out with some friends!"...

I would expect the same in Boulder and Portland and Seattle.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:36 PM

670 posts, read 1,172,114 times
Why not? And who cares?
It's not just gyms in CO. There are gyms all over the country that serve alcohol.
Gyms With Alcohol - Blood, Sweat & Cheers

From this article: http://www.fitbie.com/2013/02/21/fit..._cat=juice-bar
Flirty Girl Fitness, a Chicago women’s fitness facility, made news when its Lincoln Park location received a liquor license this month, although owner Kerry Knee says her cross-town location has been serving cocktails for six years.
Uplift Studios, a women’s fitness center, (Manhattan) offers two Raise the Bar classes, “Boot-camp and Brunch” and “Workout and Wine,” 45-minute workouts followed by drinks and nutritious snacks. The gym’s Raise the Bar classes foster friendships between members, according to Uplift Studios Co-founder and CEO, Helena Wolin.
“The classes promote a camaraderie among women, which is a positive element,” Wolin says. “Fitness and an active social life are two elements that women really need in their lives.”
Uplift is not the first gym to mix exercise with alcohol. In the summer of 2010, David Barton Gym teamed up with Svedka in New York, Miami and Chicago to offer cocktail hours following classes.
David Barton Gym’s New York City and Miami locations partnered with low-calorie sake manufacturer TY KU to offer cocktails after a body weight training class and the Miami location will serve no-sugar, no-carb sweet tea, pina coladas, and margaritas from Miami Cocktail Co. after May beach boot-camp workouts. A representative for David Barton Gym says occasional post-class cocktail events add to the fun vibe of the gym, but the gym still sets boundaries.

And in April of this year California Family Fitness in Sacramento announced plans to get a liquor license.
"Basic beer and wine service on selected hours. So if you want to play a pickup game of basketball and grab a refreshment after you game, you'll have the ability to do that,” said President Randy Karr.

Last edited by Hipchik; 05-25-2014 at 01:51 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 12:59 PM

356 posts, read 623,899 times
I'd rather see booze than, pizza and Tootsie rolls in a gym that promotes a "sissy" mentality with their lunk alarm... yes I'm looking at you Planet Fitness.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/thing...planet-fitness

Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylinus View Post
Do a treadmill and beer really go together at 11am?
No, but a few miles on the treadmill or a few games of racquetball, a steam, shower and then a sitdown for a beer sounds like a pretty good Sunday to me! Wish my gym did serve beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
View detailed profiles of: