Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM

136 posts, read 366,409 times

Advertisements

My husband's company has a location in Fort Collins. We are considering transferring to that area. We are in Phoenix now. I know it's prety expensive and hard to find rentals there. How does Loveland compare? I think we would like it there. I also hate to admit it, but we have some credit issues. No criminal history or anything and we would make enough to spend about $1400 a month on rent. That's not including utilities or anything. Do you think we would have a hard time finding a house to rent in Loveland? If it's such a competitive market I'm afraid the landlord would just pick a different applicant with better credit and we would never find a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 07:44 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
How big of a family do you have? If you are looking for a 2 bedroom you may have to slightly overpay but should be able to find something. If you are looking for a 3 bedroom you could be in trouble, that price range for rentals is in high demand and landlords are able to pick and choose exactly what they want.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:24 PM

136 posts, read 366,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
How big of a family do you have? If you are looking for a 2 bedroom you may have to slightly overpay but should be able to find something. If you are looking for a 3 bedroom you could be in trouble, that price range for rentals is in high demand and landlords are able to pick and choose exactly what they want.
We woul like a three bedroom, but we could do a two bedroom if we have to. It's just my husband, myself and our two year old son. We wouldn't mind a small place as long as it has a yard with grass to play in.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. If there are 20 applicant for one house why would they pick someone with no so great credit? They wouldn't I'm sure we could fine SOMETHING. Just probably not what we would really like.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:16 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel9798 View Post
We woul like a three bedroom, but we could do a two bedroom if we have to. It's just my husband, myself and our two year old son. We wouldn't mind a small place as long as it has a yard with grass to play in.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. If there are 20 applicant for one house why would they pick someone with no so great credit? They wouldn't I'm sure we could fine SOMETHING. Just probably not what we would really like.
A friend of mine rented a 2 bedroom duplex with a small yard and unfinished basement, and he told me he is paying $1350 a month and feels lucky to be paying that. He spent 3 months looking for a place at a reasonable price that he could get with his credit. So it is possible, but it will take a huge amount of effort to find unless the prices start coming down.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:22 PM

98 posts, read 237,839 times
My parents have a nice duplex they have rented out. It's 3 bedroom with a cute, fenced backyard and a garage. They have it rented for $1195/month but I think that's WAY underpriced.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:54 AM

139 posts, read 221,797 times
You won't have a problem in Loveland I believe. Greeley (which is nowhere as nice as the Loveland/Fort Collins area) happens to be very cheap. I'll break it down for you.

Fort Collins-
Sale: $293,400
Rent: $1,400

Loveland-
Sale: $254,300
Rent: $1,200

Greeley-
Sale: $194,800
Rent: $875

Windsor-
Sale: $313,600
Rent: $1,500

Hope this helped!

Old 06-29-2015, 08:36 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,002,162 times
It's important to read all of the details of the original posts. The inquiry wasn't just about finding a place for around $1400. There were the mentioned details of credit history and credit issues. The rental market is so highly competitive in the Fort Collins / Loveland area, I could see where among multiple applicants, the agencies would chose those with best credit history.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:17 AM

78 posts, read 129,012 times
I think you'll find something, but be aware that many landlords require first and last month's rent, or the deposit is one full month's rent. In other words, you'll need a pretty hefty amount in order to get moved in. Congrats on the job! I hope you find a great place and settle in well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area