Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,302 times

Advertisements

Occasionally in the evening/ night around 11 pm or so towards the northern area of town, like the downtown area, there will be a smell like that of burnt rubber that wafts through the area, and is usually gone within 15 minutes or so.
I've not noticed any remarkable regular animal smells in area.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 AM

75 posts, read 110,951 times
It almost feels like everyone thinks the other town is stinky in some manor! Is it mainly the smell causing the attitude we encounter when Greeley is mentioned? There seems to be an instant stink eye (ha, pardon the pun) when Greeley is brought up. FC seems to look down on Loveland which in turns looks down on Greeley and Greeley folks seem to feel the other two are arrogant. When I asked one long time resident he said i was correct in picking up on that...As he put it there is a definite attitude thing going on and that Greeley was at the bottom of the pile when it came to popularity. Locals say the town smell has gotten way better but I have to say there seems to be an air of (ha, there i go again!) snobbishness altogether between towns with each thinking they are the best place. What is up with that? :? The folks in Greeley say its more conservative folks there... Yet the crime is higher?

Old 05-15-2013, 09:37 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,208,415 times
It's an excellent precurser to a winter upslope snow storm. you will notice that very often the smell of greeley will be prevelant and then the snow will start.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,718,356 times
I have posted this before, but my wife and I were married in Fort Collins. We considered having our reception at a B&B in Greeley, but one trip into the garden changed our minds pronto. That place stank to the high heavens. I can deal with a whif of cow, but something there is just rancid. Feedlots? Slaughterhouse? Not sure, but it was foul, foul, foul.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:55 AM

1,822 posts, read 1,988,441 times
I've smelled "that smell" maybe 15 times in the past 6 months. It's varied from barely noticeable to strongly noticeable. It's never bothered me though. To me, it's much better to smell something natural, than say, synthesized / made-man smells (diesel pollution, chemical plants, etc.) So yeah, on occasion it does, but it's a personal matter as to whether or not that's an issue. I can't speak for Greeley though; have never been there...

Old 05-27-2013, 10:34 PM

75 posts, read 110,951 times
Interestingly we were in Greeley a couple of weeks ago and when we first got there it kind of stunk. Not too bad but it was there. When we got further into town it seemed to improve. When we left a couple hours later and were back in FC we got out of the ar and it smelled WAY worse there than in Greeley. I have noticed an ag smell in FC... maybe just paying more attention?? We have noticed smells all around the area but none totally rancid yet thankfully. We have heard there is an oil boom going on in Greeley and many are overlooking the stink, suvking up the housing market and rentals. Any locals know anything about this? Can someone enlighten us on this? Still wondering what the "tudes" are all about between towns! Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area