Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:20 PM

97 posts, read 383,220 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for apt complexes. I am 20 and looking for a one-two bedroom (pref. one bedroom) with my boyfriend in a safe location, clean complexes, near other college students, where we preferably wouldn't need a car, with hopefully a pretty view. **Nice landlords** and anything below 800 with utilities. Thanks so much for all your help.

Also, how far is the Larimer Campus of Front Range from Old Town? What is the means of Transportation for those without a car? We are saving up for a Prius and giving our old car away. Thank you all so much!!

PS Any apartment complexes to steer clear from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 09:13 AM

423 posts, read 1,959,382 times
Just wondering if you found anything yet? [mod cut]

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-15-2008 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: please use DM to enquiring member, thanks!

Old 03-18-2008, 01:02 PM

Not Yet! Haha

Old 03-20-2008, 04:20 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,974,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHereWeCome View Post
Also, how far is the Larimer Campus of Front Range from Old Town? What is the means of Transportation for those without a car? We are saving up for a Prius and giving our old car away. Thank you all so much!!
It's pretty far. Front Range is at Harmony and Shields, or in other words the southwest part of town. It's about 5-6 miles away.

The bus isn't too bad. Last time I checked it ran up and down College (the main street in town) about every 10 minutes or so, and then over to Front Range. Might be a good option for you, but to take advantage you're going to have to live somewhere near Route #1. Annual pass for the bus is $154.00 or so, which is cheaper than gas at any rate. If you go to CSU the bus is included with your student fees.

I'm sorry, I don't have any good suggestions for you in FC since I've been away from there quite some time -- but I do suggest you look up Craigslist. That's always the best resource for rentals.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:09 AM

423 posts, read 1,959,382 times
There are apartments on the corner of harmony/shields right by front range and some more on the corner of wabash/shields. I also know a gal that has a apartment on horsetooth and shields. I will ask her if it is available. Sorry I do not know the name of the apartment complexes.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:20 PM

Wow, thank you all so much!

Old 05-26-2009, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,145 times
Default Housing Question

My wife and I will be moving to Fort Collins later this summer and are trying to find a place to live. I am starting graduate school at CSU, and my wife will be working (we are both 25). We are looking for an apartment relatively close to campus and downtown so we can enjoy the nightlife, but also a place that is quiet, away from the main undergraduate living areas and affordable. Here is a list of places we were looking at and was hoping that someone might comment on whether these places would cover all or someone of the things I listed above. We were kind of looking toward the southwest side of town, but welcome any suggestions.

1. Landmark Apartments
2. Pavilions at Silver Sage
3. River Glenn
4. Stone Creek
5. Governor's Park
6. Fox Meadows

Old 05-26-2009, 07:14 PM

718 posts, read 1,985,720 times
Fort Collins is an easy town in which to get around. You could get just about anywhere in 20 minutes, by car. It doesn't take much more than that by bike.

Fox Meadows is one of the newest properties, but farthest from campus and downtown. Not really convenient to either (by Fort Collins standards). However, I-25 access (Pro ball games, airport, big city stuff)and access to dining and shopping in the Harmony corridor is very easy.

Governers Park has just been re-modeled. It is in a convenient location that is pretty central to many things, and easy to get to campus. A straight shot down Sotver Street takes you to Old Town.

Landmark and Stone Creek are closest to campus, and the most likely to have more of a student population.

Pavilions and River Glenn are right across the street from each other, but River Glen seems to have more of a student population than Pavilions. Pavilions is a newer complex, but River Glen was just renovated.

This is obviously a generalization, but choose a west side location if you like to mountain bike and hike, as mountain access is easier. Choose something on the east side of town if you will be going to Denver or shopping more.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:08 PM

59 posts, read 194,212 times
You can also check Craigslist or www.northerncoloradorentals.com for more rental possibilities. I would also suggest coming out before the 1st of August because year long leases often start at that time. You'll limit your choices if you wait until the 2nd week of August. Happy searching.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:58 AM

2 posts, read 5,145 times
Thanks for the info! Also, does anyone have any information about what the Heatheridge Lake Condominium complex is like? And would the neighborhood on the far west side near the stadium be a good place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area