Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:48 PM

29 posts, read 31,277 times

Advertisements

High everyone, well, I just listed the house in Marysville (n. of Seattle) in order to get out of this ****pit.

It's been a waste of 7 years. I am just not a fit in a regressive city. I am looking for a livelier lifestyle than this. In Marysville, it's all about wife, kids, complacency, non-professionals, inactive lifestyles, 300 pound chicks in yoga pants, and eating at the Golden Corral every night.

Even though I am old, I am still a competitive bodybuilder who likes the gym of course, but I also need to play outdoors. Snow skiing, water skiing, biking, hiking and nature activities make me thrive.

I also need a fairly active social scene. I am single, not desperate but looking for perhaps a (hetero) mate, and I love some nightlife, music, restaurants, and just generally fun places.

I have no kids except for 2 golden retrievers. So it's just me and the teddy bears. I am looking for general input here and in the Denver area. Anything....crime, traffic, economy, cost of living, friendliest people*, and climate.

I am being recruited to work in the 420 field, lol ! I have a ton of professional experience in medical and recreational marijuana. From the seed to the sales receipt, I have done it all. It behooves me to stick to my KSA's. Also, I am a huge advocate of MJ. It has saved my life and brought me much happiness. It all started one day when I got high with a dude named "Barry Obama" in 9th grade.

Yes, I have plenty of stories, pictures, tv interviews and articles about our "high times" together. It was a blast.

Well, that's me in a nutshell, this is my 1st inquiry, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Thank you in advance for anything you want to say or ask!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 07:47 AM

718 posts, read 1,985,326 times
Couple of initial thoughts to share:

Cost of living along the front range of Colorado is higher than many areas. Not sure how it compares to your area specifically.

Denver is better than Fort Collins for access to lift served snow skiing. There are some back country options reasonably accessible from Fort Collins.

There is significant nightlife in Fort Collins, but being a college town much of it is related to that age group.

Tons of restaurants. They are becoming more diverse.

Lifestyles here are pretty active.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:26 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
If priced out of Fort Collins, Boulder and Denver, then consider Colorado Springs which has a medical MJ scene and enough body building and gyms to support that interest. I was a member of Lifetime Fitness for a few years before we moved along and it's a huge facility in an affordable newish area. Lots of healthy people in COLO SPGS, including over 30,000 Infantry soldiers and thousands more USAF types not to mention a rather healthy population overall in Colorado. Most AYCE places like Golden Corral don't last here.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:18 PM

Thank you for your contributions!!! This is helping to shape my "landing spot." I have family in CS, so that IS an option. Hey, my favorite show is "Lt. Joe Kenda," lol, in CS.

I don't mind sharing personal info. I'll be moving there and will have around 100k to get things started. I hope to find a small place for me and my dogs. I also have one other item, which is an SS Camaro which I race on occasion.

That's really all the "baggage" I have.

I attached a pic. I am half chinese, and I hope I am embraced without any prejudices!

Aloha, Tom
Attached Thumbnails
55 Year Old Single Male; Seattle--->Ft. Collins Area-profile1.7.16.jpg  

Old 02-25-2017, 07:52 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times
U R a perfect fit for COLO!

Old 02-25-2017, 08:36 AM

18,704 posts, read 33,369,579 times
Sounds like CS would be great and I imagine the Front Range is still cheaper than the Seattle area? I'm sure there are ladies happy to meet an interesting gentleman!

Old 02-25-2017, 05:14 PM

11,066 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todtopo View Post
In Marysville, it's all about wife, kids...

Sounds like Fort Collins

I also need a fairly active social scene.... I love some nightlife, music, restaurants, and just generally fun places.

Doesn't sound like Fort Collins. The little social scene that exists is primarily for the college scene of mountain kids at CSU.

I am being recruited to work in the 420 field, lol ! I have a ton of professional experience in medical and recreational marijuana Also, I am a huge advocate of MJ.

Despite it being essentially legal, it's definitely not out in the open here. For the most part, this is still an old, small, traditional midwest town. I've never seen anyone openly smoking, and have never smelled it while out and about. You might be surprised that it is so discrete here (probably not different from where you are now).

Yes, I have plenty of stories, pictures, tv interviews and articles about our "high times" together. It was a blast.

Maybe in a big city might you see and live up on that, but again, this isn't Cheech and Chong land, and it certainly isn't the west coast. The typical FC'er these days is a white couple in their 20s/30s with one or two kids and a dog. They go shopping and go walking, and enjoy their overpriced house. I've noticed weird subtle reactions and responses from locals to people that are outside the box of this limited culture. Go and watch The Stepford Wives if you haven't seen it before or in awhile.

Keep in mind too that Colorado is dry as a bone. If you like the green and lushness of Seattle, you might be very disappointed here. At the very least, pay a visit first and see firsthand what it's like (better than any comments we can provide)
Comments in blue above

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-25-2017 at 05:27 PM..

Old 02-26-2017, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Comments in blue above
Thank you for your input. Very cool. I need candid responses. And thanks to everyone!

I actually respect the discrete crowd when it comes to 420. That is more of my mindset. I'll let the kids push the envelope of cultural changes. I'm a "blender." And the area seems like a good fit, but I am also looking into the Colorado Springs option.

And good point; I do like greenery. But I can likely deal with that, and not miss all the gray rainy days here in Washington. I'm getting tired of slipping on mossy sidewalks. I'm too old to endure falls!

I thank you for your perspective(s). Everything counts when one is info-gathering.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
If priced out of Fort Collins, Boulder and Denver, then consider Colorado Springs which has a medical MJ scene and enough body building and gyms to support that interest. I was a member of Lifetime Fitness for a few years before we moved along and it's a huge facility in an affordable newish area. Lots of healthy people in COLO SPGS, including over 30,000 Infantry soldiers and thousands more USAF types not to mention a rather healthy population overall in Colorado. Most AYCE places like Golden Corral don't last here.
I'm zeroing in on CS. Thank you for your thoughts. This sounds like a good fit. And besides, I want to get Lt. Joe Kenda's autograph .

That's "my boy," lol.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:54 PM

11,066 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todtopo View Post
Thank you for your input. Very cool. I need candid responses.

I thank you for your perspective(s). Everything counts when one is info-gathering.
Thanks. Sometimes my comments are apparently too "strong" for most, and they get all offended and so forth, even though that's not the intention. That's good to hear you're open to directness and the real world. You're wiser than most, and will go much farther taking in all information

Colorado Springs does have a lot more to offer. Bigger town, more going on, prettier (mountains close in), wider variety of people, more reasonable housing costs, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area