U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 01:14 PM

7,518 posts, read 17,682,672 times

Advertisements

Actually, I should've put LOL (or joking) about us being Seniors, even though we are. The statement was taken WAY TOO seriously, but, oh well.

Yes, we listen to what folks told us in all three cities, why wouldn't we? They don't think very highly of Florida and would never/ever move here.
When people visit a city/cities they are interested in moving to, they like to get nice "feed back" from the locals. After being back her for a week, we completely understood that we make a BIG mistake moving here in the first place, but it's taken some years to figure that out. We've seen Jacksonville change considerably since we moved here in Jan 2009. More crime and definitely more people. More people than have even moved to either or both Loveland or FC.

It was sort of gratifying to hear from the locals about how they feel about Florida. They don't like the weather and some other things, just like we don't. Hearing them say something negative about Florida really validated how we feel.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 01:28 PM

6,797 posts, read 3,349,081 times
Reminds me of computer programming days; skewed code leading to endless repeating loops. But that was fun. No humor here.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Reminds me of computer programming days; skewed code leading to endless repeating loops. But that was fun. No humor here.
Yep.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:02 PM

122 posts, read 189,639 times
LoveBoating:

Are you watching the housing/rental market around here ?

Are you aware of stories like this one:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...rocketing-rent

If you're going to have to rent, it probably behooves you to take a look at which way the rental market is heading in this area.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBeener View Post
LoveBoating:

Are you watching the housing/rental market around here ?

Are you aware of stories like this one:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...rocketing-rent

If you're going to have to rent, it probably behooves you to take a look at which way the rental market is heading in this area.
Yep, seen the article on my Denver and FC/Coloradoan news app today. We won't be out there, Loveland or FC, until next June, or may have to wait yet another year (depending). Did find a nice 2-bedroom apartment in Loveland, 1 block south of Eisenhower, on Wilson, that fit our budget. Actually, stopped by when we were there and talked to the manager.

But, we'll see how prices go between now and the time we plan to move. If, by chance we just can not find a cheap enough apartment, that will fit our budget, we'll simply have to find somewhere else to move to whether that's in Colorado or someplace else. Thing is, northern Colorado, after our visit, really fits most things we miss and want back about when we had our house in Parker. But, if we have to find somewhere else to move, due to cost of renting, we'll do that. We just simply have to leave Florida.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:58 PM

30 posts, read 22,343 times
Well LB I hope you make it to NE Colorado. We're headed there in two weeks. Our son's are interested in the agricultural programs at CSU and my wife and I have found that the area might well suit our retirement (in about 15 years).

I've heard that home prices in the area are supposed to cool in 2019. Maybe the rents will even out too. They build a lot of "pack and stacks" here in SoCal for the younger millennials. Prices "start" at about 400k! I don't know what the building trend is for NE Colorado, but those multi-level structures sure don't help the 50+ crowd. Unless there's an option for an elevator!

Good luck

Old 08-06-2018, 09:45 PM

^ We've heard the talk here about bottoming out of prices for years now (wishful thinking). But all they do is go up. New crap-looking homes now routinely go in in the 300s and 400s. Most see the writing on the wall, and either seek out homes away from here in areas that are about a decade back in time, or they relocate elsewhere. People coming in from CA and the north are used to the insane prices, and price out the rest of us.

Anyway, none of that is relevant to the OP and this thread.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:29 AM

Well, when it comes to us, we will just have to keep checking, but the one apt complex in Loveland looked pretty nice and quiet. Heck, we’ve been living in our current apt for 9 1/2 years and have a great repor with the manager. Our two bedroom here costs us $1,300 per month.

Wife doesn’t really want to look at any other state/area, but northern Colorado, but who knows.

BTW, why have the rents and home buying costs went up? Anything to do with the legal MJ?

Old 08-07-2018, 10:28 AM

^ I don't think legal MJ has anything to do with it. It's largely due to constrained construction and housing availability vs. all the people moving here (supply and demand). Plus, the effect of those from CA and other areas (people used to paying more). I.e. those who come in and outbid others, and easily pay for whatever prices are laid down. There's nothing to keep a lid on prices, and nothing to cap them. It's loosy goosy, spendy spendy. Those with the $ are in control.

Old 08-07-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
^ I don't think legal MJ has anything to do with it. It's largely due to constrained construction and housing availability vs. all the people moving here (supply and demand). Plus, the effect of those from CA and other areas (people used to paying more). I.e. those who come in and outbid others, and easily pay for whatever prices are laid down. There's nothing to keep a lid on prices, and nothing to cap them. It's loosy goosy, spendy spendy. Those with the $ are in control.
Yep, have to totally agree with the $ thing. Things are really, really about money today, even much more than years ago. We see the exact same thing here...…..the place is called The St. John's Town Center area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area