U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:54 PM

6,819 posts, read 3,362,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Where we currently live, Jacksonville, FL, it's multiple sirens daily we hear.
This isn't the Jacksonville forum.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 01:06 PM

7,518 posts, read 17,691,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
This isn't the Jacksonville forum.
Oh, I know that. I was just comparing. People here don't want to hear anything at all bad about Jacksonville, not even how many sirens are heard here daily. It's a great place to them.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:11 PM

Most people who live in CO, or are ready to move here, want to focus on this area, not some other, irrelevant area. Complaining about other areas and other states serves no purpose here. Since you've lived here before, you should know the disinterest with people bringing their past and "baggage" to this state. You're not even here yet and already in full swing with it.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 08-21-2018 at 01:25 PM..

Old 08-21-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Most people who live in CO, or are ready to move here, want to focus on this area, not some other, irrelevant area. Complaining about other areas and other states serves no purpose here. Since you've lived here before, you should know the disinterest with people bringing their past and "baggage" to this state. You're not even here yet and already in full swing with it.
Have no idea what you are talking about with “baggage” and “past”. We have no baggage or past, just the dislike of where we are currently living.

I’ve seen numerous threads on the Colorado and sub-forums where people complained about where they were moving from. Have even seen the same on the Jacksonville forum. IOW, the negative threads from those leaving Florida.

I’d think people there would like the reading all of the positive things of living there, compared to living somewhere else. But, maybe I’m wrong.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:03 PM

7,842 posts, read 2,505,909 times
Quote:
Oh, I know that. I was just comparing. People here don't want to hear anything at all bad about Jacksonville, not even how many sirens are heard here daily. It's a great place to them.
To each his own, but I cannot imagine anyone thinking Florida is a great place, puke! I think you and your wife are making a smart move.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
To each his own, but I cannot imagine anyone thinking Florida is a great place, puke! I think you and your wife are making a smart move.

Well, one thing is for sure, Florida is loaded with people who love it here...…...high humidity and all. Back in 2009, when we moved here, we thought we would also, but that sure changed. Then, the week trip to northern Colorado, REALLY convinced us to move back.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 AM

3,706 posts, read 2,960,270 times
I encountered that on a visit to central FL last year. A lot of locals I spoke with love being there and can't imagine being in a place where we have to deal with snow or cold. Even when its pointed out that FL has humidity, heat index, and hurricanes, they shrug it off with ambivalence.

To me, FL is an amazing place that is like another world...but I still wouldn't necessarily want to live there. I'm sure CO impacts some in that same way while others see it as a chance to live in a place of wonderment. We all have individual experiences that drive our preferences.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
I encountered that on a visit to central FL last year. A lot of locals I spoke with love being there and can't imagine being in a place where we have to deal with snow or cold. Even when its pointed out that FL has humidity, heat index, and hurricanes, they shrug it off with ambivalence.

To me, FL is an amazing place that is like another world...but I still wouldn't necessarily want to live there. I'm sure CO impacts some in that same way while others see it as a chance to live in a place of wonderment. We all have individual experiences that drive our preferences.
It's like I've said before, from talking to folks in Loveland, FC and Cheyenne...…...none of them have any love for Florida and visa-versa. Actually, none of them think very highly of the South or East Coast.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:45 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
27,190 posts, read 45,360,105 times
Quote:
It's like I've said before, from talking to folks in Loveland, FC and Cheyenne...…...none of them have any love for Florida and visa-versa. Actually, none of them think very highly of the South or East Coast.
There comes a time in most of our lives where we start to care LESS about what other people think.

Not winning any popularity contests in the journey... just getting on with life.

Many many reasons to like / dislike a region, and I would expect mine to be far different than yours! (and I wouldn't care in the least)... it's EXPECTED / desired!

I know several Loveland & FC people who winter in FL (for last 30 yrs) and they love both places. Beats complaining and doing NOTHING about it.

Set your sites...
Pull the trigger
Execute
Live with the consequences (here or there or anywhere)

Old 08-22-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
There comes a time in most of our lives where we start to care LESS about what other people think. Not winning any popularity contests in the journey... just getting on with life.

Set your sites...
Pull the trigger
Execute
Live with the consequences (here or there or anywhere)
I like this. Words of wisdom.

We need less complaining and spreading misery and negativity around. That's what differentiates modern times from those of the past. People used to suck it up, keep unpleasantness to themselves, and move forward.

Repeating the same old story and same sour grapes is grating and annoying. What we see in this thread is a textbook example.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 08-22-2018 at 01:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area