Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 12:56 AM

4 posts, read 18,714 times

Advertisements

I am looking at a job prospect in Timnath. I know it's a small town (pop.219) but their website says it plans on growing to 30,000 although no mention of a time frame. Does anyone know if that area (Timnath) is experiencing growth currently?

Also does anyone know anything positive or negative about Timnath that would help me with my decision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 06:08 PM

423 posts, read 1,959,382 times
Timnath is a small bedroom community about 3 miles east of I25/Harmony exit in Fort Collins. They are annexing a lot of property around the city. One of their biggest projects right now is the super Wal Mart going in at the corner of I25/Harmony. There is also a lot of housing being built there. I am not sure what your job opportunity is there ,but if it does not work out you are right by Fort Collins and the I25 corridor. I really can not think of anything negative about the town. I really love living in this area.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:03 PM

The position I am interested is the Chief of Police. We currently live in an Illinois suburb of Chicago. I checked the comprehensive plan and liked what I read and the potential growth piqued my attention as well. I appreciate the reply.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:07 PM

Tom,
I noticed you're a real estate agent, so you would be perfect to answer another question. What is the average house going for in Timnath. My current house is a 5 bdrm and is worth around $350,000 so I would be interested to know what that amount would get me in Timnath?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-02-2008, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,742 times
Live in SO.Cal and am native. Just bought a retirement house in Timnath. Beautiful little town. Compared to housing prices in San Diego, the prices in Timnath are extremely reasonable. Bought brand new 3800 sq. feet (including the basement) for 325,000.00. In San Diego the house would have cost close to $1 mil. We are quite happy and looking forward to the move in 5 years. Supposedly the town is growing but it will take a long time for it to be considered a large town. Population is very small currently. Taxes are reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area