Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 02:15 PM

36 posts, read 116,363 times

Advertisements

So we’ve narrowed it down to the Fort Collins area, and we are looking at homes in Windsor.

Can anyone give me some good info on the town? We are looking at one of the newer subs near Timnath, but is Windsor and its high school (I have a high schooler). Just want to know about the area, the people, how the town is run, if they are having horrible issues due to the influx of new residents, is the town able to keep up with the infrastructure needed, etc..

Also, what’s the weather like? Bad storms? Lots of snow? Is the town good at snow removal?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 03:46 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
For starters, check our existing threads on Windsor by using our search tool.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:16 PM

36 posts, read 116,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Thanks, Mike. I did, in fact, do that. I always search forums first because, having been online since 1996 (damn, I’m old), I’m pretty aware that anything I’m asking probably has been answered before. I got a lot of stuff that seemed to just be general threads where Windsor was mentioned somehow, but nothing specific. Maybe it’s the way I was searching (I searched for Windsor in the Colorado forums).

Perhaps you could direct me on an accurate way to search so I don’t annoy anyone with questions that have apparently already been answered.

Thanks much,
Heif

Old 11-28-2017, 10:42 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heifzilla View Post
Thanks, Mike. I did, in fact, do that. I always search forums first because, having been online since 1996 (damn, I’m old), I’m pretty aware that anything I’m asking probably has been answered before. I got a lot of stuff that seemed to just be general threads where Windsor was mentioned somehow, but nothing specific. Maybe it’s the way I was searching (I searched for Windsor in the Colorado forums).

Perhaps you could direct me on an accurate way to search so I don’t annoy anyone with questions that have apparently already been answered.

Thanks much,
Heif
Excellent that you looked at the older/existing threads. I wish everyone did that. I've been on line since the mid-1980s when my Army co-workers thought sending short emails via the Arpanet was hot stuff .... I tend to spend much of my time online these days......
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:18 AM

718 posts, read 1,985,094 times
Quote:
So we’ve narrowed it down to the Fort Collins area, and we are looking at homes in Windsor.

Can anyone give me some good info on the town? We are looking at one of the newer subs near Timnath, but is Windsor and its high school (I have a high schooler). Just want to know about the area, the people, how the town is run, if they are having horrible issues due to the influx of new residents, is the town able to keep up with the infrastructure needed, etc..

Also, what’s the weather like? Bad storms? Lots of snow? Is the town good at snow removal?

Thanks.
I have a lot of friends who live in Windsor, and I have helped numerous clients buy in Windsor. Rarely, if ever, do I hear complaints about the town. The school district gets good reviews. The people are friendly and seem happy. The town seems to have dealt well with growth over the past 20 years.

The negatives I hear about include the fact that traffic is a bit of a challenge if you are commuting into Fort Collins during rush hour. Also, some folks find that small-town life doesn't have enough to keep them entertained. This can be solved by driving to Fort Collins, Greeley, or Denver.

We had family in Windsor and I really like the town, but as an avid mountain biker I find it is a bit far from the trails I like to ride.

Best of luck with your move!

Old 11-28-2017, 12:37 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
So we’ve narrowed it down to the Fort Collins area, and we are looking at homes in Windsor. ...Can anyone give me some good info on the town?
It's usually helpful to compare to where you are now. It's much easier to compare City A to City B, than City A to ?

Also, what are you expecting to find in Windsor? What type of a town do you envision it to be? Will you be able to meet your needs there, such as interests, hobbies, leisure activities? Some might describe Windsor as a small residential town, with not much beyond that.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:59 PM

231 posts, read 228,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Maybe she wants up to date info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area