Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2018, 01:57 PM

59 posts, read 59,495 times

Advertisements

Back in December, I signed a Purchase Agreement on a house to be built in Windsor, CO.
Paid a visit out there last week in order to visit the builder's Design Center a couple of times in Longmont & make my selections for the interior of the house.
I also paid a visit to "the hole".
When I got back to the airport in NJ Friday afternoon, I got a call from the Sales Associate that they had poured the footings on Friday.
So things are moving along....
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
New Build in Windsor-foundation-hole-2-small.jpg   New Build in Windsor-foundation-hole-1-small.jpg   New Build in Windsor-foundation-hole-3-small.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 08:32 AM

401 posts, read 482,300 times
Awesome! Which builder did you go through?

Do you have a realtor watching out for you. I will often take photos for my clients that live afar on a bi-weekly - monthly basis so they can keep an eye on what is happening.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:18 AM

231 posts, read 226,819 times
Nice. We've considered buying new in Windsor too.

One question, are the yearly property taxes higher on new builds in Larimer county like they are in El Paso County?

Old 01-28-2018, 09:47 AM

718 posts, read 1,976,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal77 View Post

One question, are the yearly property taxes higher on new builds in Larimer county like they are in El Paso County?
Most of Windsor is in Weld County and not Larimer County, though properties with Windsor addresses can be in either.

The property taxes will vary depending on the location, but shouldn't be based solely on whether the home is newly built or not. One reason taxes may be higher on a new build is that the new neighborhood may be part of a municipal district that was put into place in order to develop the new neighborhood. That additional tax would not be common to all new construction in the area, but only applicable to that specific development.

The taxation rate can be checked for each individual property in which you are interested by checking the assessor website in the subject county. Often, properties across the street from each other can have different taxation rates depending on school district, water district, metro district, fire protection district, etc.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:

Sorry for the late reply, but I was out of town (one last ski trip to VT before I move west).
This property is in Weld County, not Larimer County. I don't know how the taxes in Weld County compare to Larimer or El Paso Counties, but I do know that the combination of the Property & Metro Taxes are well less then 1/2 of what they are here in North Eastern NJ....
Mark

Old 02-08-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDenverGirl View Post
Awesome! Which builder did you go through?

Do you have a realtor watching out for you. I will often take photos for my clients that live afar on a bi-weekly - monthly basis so they can keep an eye on what is happening.
My builder is Richfield Homes.
I am going through a realtor. I'm getting weekly updates on the progress from the builder's sales associate, along with pictures & videos that were taken by the construction manager.
So far, I've got videos of the footings & foundation being poured, pictures of the perimeter drains & video of the gravel being applied over the perimeter drains & in the basement (before the concrete basement floor being poured).
I've never seen the gravel being spread out as they're doing here. They've got a gravel truck feeding a device that shoots the gravel out to where they want the gravel to go. Interesting...

Mark

Old 03-29-2018, 10:00 PM

Default Closet Systems?

Just came back to NJ yesterday from the Pre-Drywall inspection that was held on Tuesday. Everything appears to be going along fine, current projected closing date is the end of June.
One thing that I would like to look into is some sort of Closet System at least for the Master Closet.
While I was in Colorado this week, I stopped by California Closets in Denver (2nd Ave location) & they came up with a design for the closet. I know that there are other manufactures out there & I'd like to know what experiences anyone has had with California Closets or their competitors.
The design that they came up with includes a drawer section, which might eliminate my need to buy a dresser / chest of drawers for the master bedroom.
One thing that I noticed in the area surrounding the California Closets location was that there were a ton of furniture stores / interior design outlets in that part of Denver.
I will have to buy quite a bit of furniture, as most of what I have are hand me downs from my parents which they either bought in the 1950s-60's, or even older that were inherited by my father from his family's house in the Hudson Valley. Just about none of it is in good shape.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:10 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,436,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanjet View Post
Just came back to NJ yesterday from the Pre-Drywall inspection that was held on Tuesday. Everything appears to be going along fine, current projected closing date is the end of June.
One thing that I would like to look into is some sort of Closet System at least for the Master Closet.
While I was in Colorado this week, I stopped by California Closets in Denver (2nd Ave location) & they came up with a design for the closet. I know that there are other manufactures out there & I'd like to know what experiences anyone has had with California Closets or their competitors.
The design that they came up with includes a drawer section, which might eliminate my need to buy a dresser / chest of drawers for the master bedroom.
One thing that I noticed in the area surrounding the California Closets location was that there were a ton of furniture stores / interior design outlets in that part of Denver.
I will have to buy quite a bit of furniture, as most of what I have are hand me downs from my parents which they either bought in the 1950s-60's, or even older that were inherited by my father from his family's house in the Hudson Valley. Just about none of it is in good shape.
Not sure what your budget or taste is, but the furniture stores in Cherry Creek are definitely at the high end.

Check IKEA, Furniture Row, and American Furniture Warehouse for better deals.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:45 AM

3,959 posts, read 4,329,370 times
Quote:

New build tax rates in El Paso County are quite variable based on the same conditions that Mike Weber outlines below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weber View Post
Most of Windsor is in Weld County and not Larimer County, though properties with Windsor addresses can be in either.

The property taxes will vary depending on the location, but shouldn't be based solely on whether the home is newly built or not. One reason taxes may be higher on a new build is that the new neighborhood may be part of a municipal district that was put into place in order to develop the new neighborhood. That additional tax would not be common to all new construction in the area, but only applicable to that specific development.

The taxation rate can be checked for each individual property in which you are interested by checking the assessor website in the subject county. Often, properties across the street from each other can have different taxation rates depending on school district, water district, metro district, fire protection district, etc.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:11 PM

13,253 posts, read 22,650,364 times
We've bought a number of pieces of furniture from Room & Board. While they are not cheap, the quality is very good for the prices they charge since they manage to cut out some middlemen and have a limited number of retail stores.

https://www.roomandboard.com/

(We've bought a bunch of wood furniture from them online, but did have to do some 'sit tests' of couches when we were looking to buy from them at a time when we were passing through Denver)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area