Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 08:18 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Guess it is a little different on this forum. Thanks for the folks that gave some advice. I at least had to say thanks.

Ah well. Got enough to go on for a visit. Again thanks to those that helped guide me in a direction.
Since you came back, the thread is re-opened. If the others start bickering again then I'll close it for good and issue infractions.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-10-2018 at 10:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 08:36 PM

236 posts, read 195,469 times
I worked in Ft Collins for the county and lived in Longmont near Boulder. Ft Collins has horrible chaotic traffic with pushy drivers and too many people overall. If I had my choice I would choose Loveland. Estes Park is a tourist area and not conveniently located to more metro areas but a great place to visit. The main drag though town in Ft Collins is unavoidable and I dreaded driving on it every day. That was in 2000. Cant imagine what its like there now. Just my thoughts on the topic.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:39 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Yeah, seems to be a feud going on here for some reason.

Look I want to explore all day and drink at brewpubs at night. I really liked Boulder, but have a feeling Fort Collins would be better for me. Might even move out there if I like it.

How about favorite brewpubs? Heard there are a ton of them. Not a fan of "fat tire" at all, so that is probably out. Lousy beer IMHO. Any hidden gems. In Boulder I went to a brewpub that was in a storage unit. I felt that was pretty damn awesome. It was good beer as well and very popular. I have a feeling that place moved to a real location by now. Again, thanks.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:12 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yeah, seems to be a feud going on here for some reason.

Look I want to explore all day and drink at brewpubs at night. I really liked Boulder, but have a feeling Fort Collins would be better for me. Might even move out there if I like it.

How about favorite brewpubs? Heard there are a ton of them. Not a fan of "fat tire" at all, so that is probably out. Lousy beer IMHO. Any hidden gems. In Boulder I went to a brewpub that was in a storage unit. I felt that was pretty damn awesome. It was good beer as well and very popular. I have a feeling that place moved to a real location by now. Again, thanks.
I don’t really get some of the advice you’re getting either. You’re taking a vacation, not moving here. Fort Collins is great!

Hmmmm. A storage unit? Avery was in an industrial strip mall in Boulder. Is that what you’re talking about?

New Belgium is worth visiting even if you don’t like Fat Tire. They make a ton more beer than just that and some of it is very good. I’m a total beer snob and agree that Fat Tire isn’t all that. The brewery is really cool.

Funkwerks makes great beer. They specialize in saisons.

Jessop Farm Barrel house is really cool if you like barrel aged beers.

Check this list for more info: Fort Collins Breweries & Tap Room Guide Online for Northern Colorado Beer

Last edited by SkyDog77; 09-11-2018 at 07:55 AM..

Old 09-11-2018, 07:46 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
I don't know what is up with most of these posts! Fort Collins is a fun little town with a major university and a great jumping off point for exploring. Have a wonderful visit.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:06 AM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
It's a matter of some being overly protective of this area, and not allowing anything critical or non-shiny being uttered. We saw in Post #6 a "preemptive strike" against StealthRabbit and myself, warning of our dangerous comments that were surely on the way. Hopefully he has learned, and we can get beyond that nonsense.

Best wishes to gg, and finding his/her visit worthwhile and informative.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 09-11-2018 at 08:38 AM..

Old 09-14-2018, 12:53 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
If you are thinking of relocating, you might briefly tour thru Loveland and / or Greeley (& Windsor, etc.) if there is any chance you'd look outside FC to live, for price break or any other reasons.

Local foods? Some fuss over green chili, rocky mountain oysters, bison burgers, venison sausage, wild salads (perhaps with wild mushrooms and / or wildflowers), trout, maybe lamb, sweet corn, peaches, wild and melons in season, grass fed beef... I dunno if anyone cares about blue corn anymore but there are a few places offering a version of Native American cuisine.

Last edited by NW Crow; 09-14-2018 at 01:27 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 10:33 AM

6,537 posts, read 7,118,145 times
When I lived in Ft Collins, I’d take Rist Canyon Rd west then turn left on Stove Prairie. Then take right on Buckhorn Rd. Take that far into mountains, find Pingree mtn campus, it’s all not many people, great scenery. I think Stove Prairie and on is gravel roads. Can work your way to Poudre River canyon to get back to Ft Collins or go west to Steamboat. I find Estes overrated, too many people. RMNP is also overrated to me, you can find same similar stuff everywhere. Same goes with Denali when I lived in Anchorage, the whole state looks like it.

We used to wander to Budweiser, then New Belgium, then Odells (easy street was favorite beer 17 yrs ago) all for free. Old town was where we always hung out. To OP, the Telluride area of the state is by far my favorite most scenic

Last edited by wamer27; 09-18-2018 at 10:44 AM..

Old 09-18-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I don't know what is up with most of these posts! Fort Collins is a fun little town with a major university and a great jumping off point for exploring. Have a wonderful visit.
This is what I have heard and looking forward to a visit. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
If you are thinking of relocating, you might briefly tour thru Loveland and / or Greeley (& Windsor, etc.) if there is any chance you'd look outside FC to live, for price break or any other reasons.

Local foods? Some fuss over green chili, rocky mountain oysters, bison burgers, venison sausage, wild salads (perhaps with wild mushrooms and / or wildflowers), trout, maybe lamb, sweet corn, peaches, wild and melons in season, grass fed beef... I dunno if anyone cares about blue corn anymore but there are a few places offering a version of Native American cuisine.
Thanks for the food advice. I am not really actively thinking of relocating, but one never knows. My job has the flexibility of moving. I am sort of tired of Pittsburgh and its lousy weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area