Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 09:41 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times

Advertisements

Okay, so the things mentioned in #48 above are what count, and not the drag queen stuff? There's a 180 degree shift between the opening post and being concerned about this area, to the thumbs up and confidence of post #48 above. Either there's been a change of heart along the lines, or someone is pulling their cart in two directions simultaneously. I doubt it's the former.

Like DoH, I'm done posting here amidst the confusing tug-of-war sentiments.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 01-22-2019 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-22-2019, 09:57 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Okay, so the things mentioned in #48 above are what count, and not the drag queen stuff? There's a 180 degree shift between the opening post and being concerned about this area, to the thumbs up and confidence of post #48 above. Either there's been a change of heart along the lines, or someone is pulling their cart in two directions simultaneously.

Like DoH, I'm done posting here amidst the confusing tug-of-war sentiments.
No "tug or war" going on Thoreau424. Basically, I was just wondering about the Drag Queen stuff. I really wasn't saying "yea" or "na" to it. Since there were those that protested against it, was just wondering how the area, both Windsor and surrounding areas of people, thought about it. I mean, it did make local news and I have both the RH and Coloradoan News apps on my iPhone.

And, BTW, as of this AM, we are now renting a spot in Loveland for our boat. It won't be in the spot for a few months, but at least we have somewhere for a hired transport to drop it.

So, as of now, it's not just continuing to get rid of some things and pack other things...…...we are progressing with the move from here to there.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:04 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
bonus! You can nab your elk in west Loveland (save the gas and time going to RMNP / Estes Park)

Last year I helped a friend 'dress-out' an elk (not as in Drag Queen) just on the west edge of Boedecker Lake! another friend got his in the Big T school parking lot. That was not happening 50 yrs ago (We had Bears and Mtn Lions lurking in the school parking lot, but no Elk below Drake.). We had a bear at the Devil's Backbone at that time. (Maybe the bears have now moved to town!)

I'm outta here (Better things to do, of more value to all).

Old 01-23-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
bonus! You can nab your elk in west Loveland (save the gas and time going to RMNP / Estes Park)

Last year I helped a friend 'dress-out' an elk (not as in Drag Queen) just on the west edge of Boedecker Lake! another friend got his in the Big T school parking lot. That was not happening 50 yrs ago (We had Bears and Mtn Lions lurking in the school parking lot, but no Elk below Drake.). We had a bear at the Devil's Backbone at that time. (Maybe the bears have now moved to town!)

I'm outta here (Better things to do, of more value to all).
Not talking about hunting elk, only observing and taking photos of them during the "rut"/breeding time. We don't hunt, only target shoot. Do like going to Bass Pro and seeing the nice mounts they have there or to an Outdoor Recreational Show and seeing the mounts there.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:11 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Not talking about hunting elk, only observing and taking photos of them during the "rut"/breeding time. We don't hunt, only target shoot. Do like going to Bass Pro and seeing the nice mounts they have there or to an Outdoor Recreational Show and seeing the mounts there.
The elk often come into town, following the Big T right to the edge of Old Town Loveland. We often have them in our yard in late winter and in the fields all along the river.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The elk often come into town, following the Big T right to the edge of Old Town Loveland. We often have them in our yard in late winter and in the fields all along the river.
Are those bulls and cows or just cows? The photos I have are of both in RMNP during that "rut". When we had our house in Parker, there was a small herd of elk cows that was in a field that I seen when coming home from work.

If both, or just the bulls, get into the Loveland/Big T area, that would mean that we wouldn't have to go into RMNP to see them. That would be cool.

We also seen some mule deer, both bucks and does, when we visited Roxborough Park by Chatfield Reservoir. Got pictures of them also.

And, one time as we were coming out of RMNP, going into Granby Lake area, we came across a moose cow and her calf. The calf sure liked having it's picture taken.

This is just one reason we have to return to Colorado...…….none of these are anywhere in Florida or the South. Perhaps mule deer are, but we've never seen them or any white-tail deer.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:30 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Are those bulls and cows or just cows? The photos I have are of both in RMNP during that "rut". When we had our house in Parker, there was a small herd of elk cows that was in a field that I seen when coming home from work.

If both, or just the bulls, get into the Loveland/Big T area, that would mean that we wouldn't have to go into RMNP to see them. That would be cool.

We also seen some mule deer, both bucks and does, when we visited Roxborough Park by Chatfield Reservoir. Got pictures of them also.

And, one time as we were coming out of RMNP, going into Granby Lake area, we came across a moose cow and her calf. The calf sure liked having it's picture taken.

This is just one reason we have to return to Colorado...…….none of these are anywhere in Florida or the South. Perhaps mule deer are, but we've never seen them or any white-tail deer.
Often times, the herds that come down are bachelor groups of bulls but they do not rut during that time, as it's late winter/early spring. The rut is in the autumn, when they've returned to the high country.

There are also often mule deer in town, and all over the west side as well as the occasional fox and coyote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area