U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 07:52 PM

7,518 posts, read 17,697,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I’m almost 72. So what? I’ve chosen my whole life to be accepting of others and see no reason to spend the remainder of my life focusing on the negative like you do. I think you’ll find life to be much more enjoyable when you stop being so judgmental of others and just worry about yourself.

Please keep posting your nonsense here. It gives me a chuckle. But it does make me sad that someone like you is moving to Colorado.
Ok, what should I say to your last comment? How about, “it makes us sad that someone like you lives in Colorado”!

Sorry, but YOU made me say that. Actually, sounds like you make about as much nonsense as I do. LOL
Rate this post positively

Old 02-02-2019, 08:39 PM

Dreaming Of Hawaii, I’m sure you are a nice person, but you must realize that not everyone wants to be like you, or even should be.

Just because I done a Thread about the two tattoo parlors that opened in Loveland, doesn’t mean much. The person that wrote the article about both, in the Loveland news app, sounded more concerned than I do.

Let’s not continue to hassle each other about it or other Threads/Replies that I’ve done. Loveland, like Parker was for us, has a lot that we like. That’s it.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:32 PM

122 posts, read 189,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Do you approve of drug dealers or drivers that drive dangerously?
Those people are breaking laws and either harming others or putting others at risk.

The same can't be said for drag queens reading aloud or for people giving or getting tattoos.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:58 PM

6,832 posts, read 3,373,285 times
I'm sure there are many more than just two tattoo parlors/stores in Loveland.

This is nothing new. Tons of people with tattoos in the area, and have been for quite awhile. A much higher percentage than in the south too.

Just get a LoveBoat tattoo on one arm, and an elk on the other. Many older persons have tattoos, so you'll fit in nicely that way. It can be a whole new you for today's modern Colorado.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-03-2019 at 12:16 AM..

Old 02-03-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post

This is nothing new. Tons of people with tattoos in the area, and have been for quite awhile. A much higher percentage than in the south too.

Just get a LoveBoat tattoo on one arm, and an elk on the other. Many older persons have tattoos, so you'll fit in nicely that way. It can be a whole new you for today's modern Colorado.
I really don’t know where this tattoo information is coming from and why all the teasing towards wife and I. We were at Boyd Lake last July and didn’t see any tattoos.....really. We ate breakfast at McDonalds, on Eisenhower Blvd (West) one morning and didn’t see any in there. Had breakfast at Village Inn, again none. Ate at a Mexican Restaurant on Eisenhower Blvd., none.

However, did see a number of them at the Walmart and many at the Golden Corral on the east end of Eisenhower Blvd.

Appeared that the west end of Eisenhower Blvd, where we stayed, was pretty different than the east end. The east end was more like Denver, to us. The east end is becoming more “big city”, while the west end is still staying more “small town”.

The tattoos were very noticeable in the Golden Corral, on the east end, but not even close to how people look here.

Gotta live here in Jacksonville, like we have, to really, really see the difference between here and Loveland area.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:03 AM

Even with the drag queen thing and the parlors, do people in Loveland, and the area, really want it to look like Denver or Los Angeles?

When we were there, we had some folks tell us (straight out), "We don't go to Denver for anything. To us, Denver is just another Los Angeles, but in Colorado."

Yep, we were told that.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Even with the drag queen thing and the parlors, do people in Loveland, and the area, really want it to look like Denver or Los Angeles?
Do you have some reason to believe that your online Archie Bunker schtick is going to do something to stem that tide ?

Quote:
When we were there, we had some folks tell us (straight out), "We don't go to Denver for anything. To us, Denver is just another Los Angeles, but in Colorado."
It's the traffic and the parking that makes most of us less than eager to head down to Denver.

Maybe the last thing you should be considering is moving to an area with meteoric growth. Sounds like it's nothing but downside for "you and the wife."

Old 02-03-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Looks like there are at least a dozen ... just on Yelp.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:52 AM

962 posts, read 605,574 times
Quote:
Another thing, I don’t see PGA or LPGA players with tats all over their arms and legs. Wonder why they don’t have any?
Or NFL cheerleaders- thank God!!

Old 02-03-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBeener View Post
Do you have some reason to believe that your online Archie Bunker schtick is going to do something to stem that tide ?

It's the traffic and the parking that makes most of us less than eager to head down to Denver.

Maybe the last thing you should be considering is moving to an area with meteoric growth. Sounds like it's nothing but downside for "you and the wife."

Well, many, many years ago, I lived just outside Los Angeles and was even an EMT in both Los Angeles and Orange County. I can see where Denver would be like Los Angeles, but not Loveland or the area. FC is big, but still not like Denver or L.A. and definitely not the crime that those two cities see.

BUT, you do know that this "meteoric growth" isn't in all of Loveland. You did read what I said about the difference between the west and east ends of Loveland/Eisenhower Blvd.?

It's definitely not "downside" for us. Like I keep repeating...…..YOU need to live here to understand what we are talking about. Or, could you live in a population of 931,000 people with murders almost on a daily basis and, can't forget all of the bank robberies here. Total population here is 1.5 million.

Loveland is nice, even if one end is somewhat-to-very different than the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area