U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-04-2019, 12:04 AM
 
Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
27,133 posts, read 45,253,391 times
Reputation: 31367

Advertisements

Should be Valentine's Day specials on Tattoos and Drag Queens this week in Loveland.

We got our invite to come stamp Valentine's at the CoC, but... chose to do a 'surprise' for Valentine's Day this yr. Will be back to buying an individualized Heart for Next yr. Working up a really special "phrase for our 40th". Will try not to be offensive !

$50 well spent for support of Rotary Club (and I need all the points I can get!)
https://withlovefromloveland.com/
https://withlovefromloveland.com/201...s-loveland-co/

Get your remailing Valentine's sent to Loveland FAST! Ours was sent a month ago!

I do miss this festive occasion and the many parties we sponsored around the event.

Newly-Wed-Game era...
Was a lot of fun, and still is. Many of our groups in Loveland are having parties during the next 2 weeks.

It really is a "GREAT LIFE" there (or can be for most).

Of course tough to beat Berthoud, (I saw there was a blurb on Berthoud on "America's Heartland" #1309 IIRC about 20:20 here:
https://www.pbs.org/video/1309-rranyc/

BTW: other Colorado AG video stories on this broadcast,
http://www.americasheartland.org/states/colorado.htm

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 02-04-2019 at 12:17 AM..
Rate this post positively

 
Old 02-04-2019, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,517 posts, read 17,672,688 times
Reputation: 4738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Then what's the reason for this and the drag queen post?!? You must be bothered on some level, or you'd have no reason to point these things out, and start threads about them.

Once you realize that "we're on to you", and see what's behind your initial criticisms, you lighten up, take the seeming opposite approach, and then throw it all back at us as though we're the ones who are uncomfortable. Is that your end game?

Yes, "enough is enough". We don't need to drag out these types of matters (that are here and throughout the US) on involve freedom of choice, and then egg people on from changing vantage points. We can see the effect of your last two threads here.
Deleted by OP.

Last edited by LoveBoating; 02-04-2019 at 09:00 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-04-2019, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,517 posts, read 17,672,688 times
Reputation: 4738
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Should be Valentine's Day specials on Tattoos and Drag Queens this week in Loveland.

We got our invite to come stamp Valentine's at the CoC, but... chose to do a 'surprise' for Valentine's Day this yr. Will be back to buying an individualized Heart for Next yr. Working up a really special "phrase for our 40th". Will try not to be offensive !

$50 well spent for support of Rotary Club (and I need all the points I can get!)
https://withlovefromloveland.com/
https://withlovefromloveland.com/201...s-loveland-co/

Get your remailing Valentine's sent to Loveland FAST! Ours was sent a month ago!

I do miss this festive occasion and the many parties we sponsored around the event.

Newly-Wed-Game era...
Was a lot of fun, and still is. Many of our groups in Loveland are having parties during the next 2 weeks.

It really is a "GREAT LIFE" there (or can be for most).

Of course tough to beat Berthoud, (I saw there was a blurb on Berthoud on "America's Heartland" #1309 IIRC about 20:20 here:
https://www.pbs.org/video/1309-rranyc/

BTW: other Colorado AG video stories on this broadcast,
America's Heartland - Colorado
Gee, and here I thought you were on MY side of things. LOL
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-04-2019, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,517 posts, read 17,672,688 times
Reputation: 4738
Perhaps Loveland isn't for us. Perhaps. But, we do want to come back to the Front Range, where......not total sure. The western side of FC?

Last edited by LoveBoating; 02-04-2019 at 09:06 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-04-2019, 09:07 AM
 
122 posts, read 189,428 times
Reputation: 243
I would like to ask you a small favor, LB.

Since it's a statistical impossibility that your list of "concerns" (LOL) is limited to tattoos and drag queens, would it be too much trouble for you to just provide us with the rest of the list ?

May as well get it all out there. You'll surely feel better.

Also, we -- the informed locals -- can start quantifying the "areas of concern" for you so you'll have a better idea of what you're up against.

Thx.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-04-2019, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,517 posts, read 17,672,688 times
Reputation: 4738
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBeener View Post
I would like to ask you a small favor, LB.

Since it's a statistical impossibility that your list of "concerns" (LOL) is limited to tattoos and drag queens, would it be too much trouble for you to just provide us with the rest of the list ?

May as well get it all out there. You'll surely feel better.

Also, we -- the informed locals -- can start quantifying the "areas of concern" for you so you'll have a better idea of what you're up against.

Thx.
Well, up until I read the article to my wife, in Loveland RH News app, or it could have been the Coloradoan News apps, on my iPhone, about the drag queen thing and how the Mayor didn't even like it being in Windsor (and that was the Mayor) and the article last week that stated (and I quote the title) All of a sudden, downtown Loveland has two tattoo shops...…..we didn't have a single concern about Loveland. Now, this morning I read, same app RH, several thefts and DUIs that Loveland-Berthoud Police dealt with last weekend. Quite a number of calls.

However, when we stopped at Walmart, on the eastern end, and seen some, not a lot like here, people with tattoos, we started to wonder. Then, the last night in Loveland, we went to Golden Corral Buffet, again on the eastern end, and see many more people with tattoos, but appeared to be mostly Hispanics. Absolutely nothing wrong with Hispanics, but that is who we seen with numerous tats on them.

Even with seeing this, we didn't change our mind about moving there. To us, the western end of Eisenhower Blvd is completely different (more the "old town" feeling) than the eastern end that, apparently has grown by "leaps and bounds". And, now with a fairly large Planned Community being build in-between the eastern end of Loveland and western end of Greeley, kind of wondering just how safe Loveland will continue being. More people, more traffic and, which does go along with both of those......more crime. But wife and I definitely don't see the crime rising to the point it is like here. Definitely not, but, who knows.

When we stopped into McDonalds, when we were there, I talked to a teen girl that was in both 4-H and FFA. She showed hogs and cattle. To me, and my wife, very impressive and whom we like talking to. I was in 4-H myself in high school. Being that my high school years were brought up on a hog farm in northeastern Indiana.

So, basically, even with these tattoo parlors and drag queen thing in Windsor, we wouldn't have a real problem with either. Just avoid both, but, even here, we do talk to folks that have tats and commend them on the art they chose. So, yes, we are both into it and not. Wife and I have seen some might cool looking tats here, but here they are all over the body and sometimes on the face. To us, it gets scary seeing that.

Have answered your question the best I could. But, like my last post stated, we have to have a backup plan if Loveland isn't for us, before or after we move.

Last edited by LoveBoating; 02-04-2019 at 09:54 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-04-2019, 09:58 AM
 
122 posts, read 189,428 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Have answered your question the best I could.
Meaning: not at all.

Got it.

Thx.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Status: "Welcome back America!" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Mars City
6,787 posts, read 3,336,198 times
Reputation: 10402
I sense too much idle time on one's hands, and/or a deep need for drama and attention (possibly both).

If one doesn't address personal (internal) matters first, no location will bring satisfaction. There's a much bigger issue here than 'this location or that', and 'this dislike or that', which are external and convenient distractions.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-04-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-04-2019, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Riley Co
302 posts, read 262,979 times
Reputation: 370
As a Kansan considering Colorado for retirement, I've witnessed LB's threads for some time now. In many ways, his posts ~ = Is Montana Changing? I'd replied to that thread, but my post was deleted w/refrain "try mentioning MT" ????

My post singled out what MT newbies thought they were getting: conservative 50-60s life. I mentioned KS has most states beat in Spades (wrong term to use in KS):

Kansas last elected a Democrat in 1932, which is the longest streak of having Republican senators in the nation.

marijuana-legalisation-racist-argument-kansas-republican-steve-alford-african-americans-genetics
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8149101.html

kansas-legislator-hunters-helicopters-illegal-immigrants
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/..._n_835770.html

In LoveBoating's case, KS can offer so many more surface acres of boating water than CO, it's a no-brainer. I would suggest Hays, KS => Lake Wilson https://ksoutdoors.com/State-Parks/Locations/Wilson with ~ 100 miles of shoreline & WATER SO CLEAN your toes don't disappear before your ankles get wet (unlike every other KS reservoir).

Western Wear? www.sheplers.com/‎ although my farming uncle preferred https://dandalesboots.com/

Rodeos? https://www.hartmanarena.com/events/...ip-rodeo2.html PBR Velocity Tour PBR Velocity Tour | INTRUST Bank Arena
Kansas State University 63rd annual K-State Rodeo is expected to bring more than 10,000 fans into Weber Arena. About 450 contestants from 18 colleges and universities in the Central Plains region are scheduled to compete.

C&W music? June 20-22 in Manhattan, KS ... This year Country Stampede will feature more than 50 country artists across four stages https://www.kfdi.com/event/country-stampede-2019/
Some years back @ KSU, my sides split seeing Baxter Black. Way more folks than the Bob Dylan concert @ KSU we went to . . .

There has been some signs of "progress" in KS. ~ 2008, I went to Pueblo from Manhattan & was disappointed in Western Kansans no longer giving the 2 fingers up from the steering wheel of their pickup. I did nearly cause one cowboy? to ditch his Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually, when he attempted to keep holding his cell phone up to his ear while returning my greeting. From all appearances, for every cowboy/cowgirl Kansan with a cell phone to their ear, there's another to match.

Elk? https://elknetwork.com/massive-elk-taken-in-kansas/

No Kansan would need to go to Colorado to see the mountains, for Pike's Peak and a slice of the eastern slope were ours from 1854 -- until Kansas became a state in 1861!
At the establishment of Kansas territory in 1854 the summit of the Rockies was the designated farthermost western boundary. Thus Denver, founded in 1858 and named for Kansas Gov. James W. Denver, was within the boundaries of Kansas.

https://www.kshs.org/p/kansas-histor...question/13180

https://history.denverlibrary.org/ne...n-more-divided
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-04-2019, 11:11 AM
 
7,422 posts, read 4,313,829 times
Reputation: 15402
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, up until I read the article to my wife, in Loveland RH News app, or it could have been the Coloradoan News apps, on my iPhone, about the drag queen thing and how the Mayor didn't even like it being in Windsor (and that was the Mayor) and the article last week that stated (and I quote the title) All of a sudden, downtown Loveland has two tattoo shops...…..we didn't have a single concern about Loveland. Now, this morning I read, same app RH, several thefts and DUIs that Loveland-Berthoud Police dealt with last weekend. Quite a number of calls.

However, when we stopped at Walmart, on the eastern end, and seen some, not a lot like here, people with tattoos, we started to wonder. Then, the last night in Loveland, we went to Golden Corral Buffet, again on the eastern end, and see many more people with tattoos, but appeared to be mostly Hispanics. Absolutely nothing wrong with Hispanics, but that is who we seen with numerous tats on them.

Even with seeing this, we didn't change our mind about moving there. To us, the western end of Eisenhower Blvd is completely different (more the "old town" feeling) than the eastern end that, apparently has grown by "leaps and bounds". And, now with a fairly large Planned Community being build in-between the eastern end of Loveland and western end of Greeley, kind of wondering just how safe Loveland will continue being. More people, more traffic and, which does go along with both of those......more crime. But wife and I definitely don't see the crime rising to the point it is like here. Definitely not, but, who knows.

When we stopped into McDonalds, when we were there, I talked to a teen girl that was in both 4-H and FFA. She showed hogs and cattle. To me, and my wife, very impressive and whom we like talking to. I was in 4-H myself in high school. Being that my high school years were brought up on a hog farm in northeastern Indiana.

So, basically, even with these tattoo parlors and drag queen thing in Windsor, we wouldn't have a real problem with either. Just avoid both, but, even here, we do talk to folks that have tats and commend them on the art they chose. So, yes, we are both into it and not. Wife and I have seen some might cool looking tats here, but here they are all over the body and sometimes on the face. To us, it gets scary seeing that.

Have answered your question the best I could. But, like my last post stated, we have to have a backup plan if Loveland isn't for us, before or after we move.
If you don’t like tats, it is perfectly OK to have that opinion.

However, you really should know that all over CO, there are plenty of Hispanics, tattoos, or both combined—including towns where Western cowboy clothes are common. Change is happening everywhere, like it or not. You can move to a perceived bubble town, but that will not stop the town from changing.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top