U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 03:48 PM

6,832 posts, read 3,373,285 times

Advertisements

Police here have tattoos. I've seen 'em. Also medical practitioners and medical staff. Lots of food prep people too. People here gladly show 'em off. 1958 is dead and gone. John Wayne's beyond the sunset. Charlton Heston is firmly in the grave.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-04-2019 at 03:57 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 02-04-2019, 04:02 PM

7,518 posts, read 17,697,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Police here have tattoos. I've seen 'em. Also medical practitioners and medical staff. Lots of food prep people too. People here are proud of their tattoos, and gladly show 'em off. Prepare to get highly annoyed. 1958 is dead and gone.
Sorry, but we didn't see anyone with them on the west end of Eisenhower Blvd. Nobody. Didn't see any when we were at the Boyd Lake boat ramp either.

Thoreau424, we WON'T be annoyed, because there isn't as many people there with them as here. Remember the population here is 931,000 people and there is under 1K there.

Apparently you have them, or not. Do the officers and other folks have them all over their neck, like a gang member would? That's what we have here. There's a guy that works at a local sporting goods store here that has them all over his arms and knuckles. An older lady (customer) walked up to me and said into my ear, "I can't believe this store would hire that guy."

Now, is there anyone in Loveland that don't like the look of tattoos...…….anyone? Oh, that's right, "church going" folks.

I'm glad they are proud of them, but why do you, and others, think that everyone has to like the look?? Why so persistent about that?

Only one member of my wife's family has them and her grandmother really disapproves of her looks. She said to me "She used to be very cute, but now." Yes, she is a church goer also and even much more Christian than we are.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:26 PM

23,101 posts, read 42,266,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
... 1958 is dead and gone. ...
We've seen a sea change in regards to tattoos. When I was a kid in 1958, tattoos were for sailors and felons. Now, just about everyone has one, except me. I think it's a waste of money but that's just my opinion; others love them. My father in law is almost 90, his 70 year old USMC bulldog tattoo is mostly a blur...

To each their own. IMO this thread is much ado about nothing; too much hand-wringing over non issues.

What floors me is this remark: "...like my wife keeps telling me, "Parts of the Front Range have exactly what we miss and I don't want to move anywhere else. But, if the first winter is too much for us, no matter where we move to along the Front Range, we will have to leave Colorado." I totally understand. It has been 11 years since we've had to face "Old Man Winter" with freezing temps and snow, but, right now, we still think we can handle it."

LB left COLO 11 years ago because the winters got to him, broke his shoulder in a fall, but the weather hasn't changed, it still gets very cold and can snow a ton during any given winter month. "Old Man Winter" with freezing temps and snow is very much alive and well in COLO. Returning to what drove him out years ago is going to end the same way. No one can have the mountains of COLO without the COLO winters, can't be done. Wyoming might be cheaper and have more rodeo but winter can be brutal up there. Texas hill country around Del Rio has some hills and boating and rodeo but it won't be the Rockies and it will be 81% Hispanic (which is fine by me).
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:19 PM

5,308 posts, read 10,715,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
To each their own. IMO this thread is much ado about nothing; too much hand-wringing over non issues
W-A-Y-Y off course. While I have to laugh out loud every time LB comes up with something new, this thread really is ridiculous and should never have been started.

I sincerely hope that LB and wife find their little insulated community where they won't have to ever see anyone who doesn't look like them. Heaven forbid that the EMT they call for help is not a black guy with full sleves.

I believe there was a movie once called Brigidoon?

Old 02-04-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We've seen a sea change in regards to tattoos. When I was a kid in 1958, tattoos were for sailors and felons. Now, just about everyone has one, except me. I think it's a waste of money but that's just my opinion; others love them. My father in law is almost 90, his 70 year old USMC bulldog tattoo is mostly a blur...

To each their own. IMO this thread is much ado about nothing; too much hand-wringing over non issues.

What floors me is this remark: "...like my wife keeps telling me, "Parts of the Front Range have exactly what we miss and I don't want to move anywhere else. But, if the first winter is too much for us, no matter where we move to along the Front Range, we will have to leave Colorado." I totally understand. It has been 11 years since we've had to face "Old Man Winter" with freezing temps and snow, but, right now, we still think we can handle it."

LB left COLO 11 years ago because the winters got to him, broke his shoulder in a fall, but the weather hasn't changed, it still gets very cold and can snow a ton during any given winter month. "Old Man Winter" with freezing temps and snow is very much alive and well in COLO. Returning to what drove him out years ago is going to end the same way. No one can have the mountains of COLO without the COLO winters, can't be done. Wyoming might be cheaper and have more rodeo but winter can be brutal up there. Texas hill country around Del Rio has some hills and boating and rodeo but it won't be the Rockies and it will be 81% Hispanic (which is fine by me).
Wrong guy! I fell in our driveway in Parker, after a big snowstorm, and had to have rotator cuff surgery.... nothing broken. So, we decided to move to a less winter area (for a year), than to here. What neither of us thought about is, we could fall anywhere we move to. Which happened right here in Florida, by our parking spot in the middle of the SUMMER! That’s right, not in snow or ice, but in 90 degree, sunny weather. That fall resulted in a rotator cuff surgery in the other shoulder.

And, with both of us being retired, wouldn’t have to go out into “Old Man Winter” nearly as much. There are darn good things about being retired in a Ice/snow region.

Yes, I really wonder how much money is spent in a body full of tattoos? But, “it’s the person money” as I would have everyone here tell me. LOL

Old 02-04-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
W-A-Y-Y off course. While I have to laugh out loud every time LB comes up with something new, this thread really is ridiculous and should never have been started.

I sincerely hope that LB and wife find their little insulated community where they won't have to ever see anyone who doesn't look like them. Heaven forbid that the EMT they call for help is not a black guy with full sleves.

I believe there was a movie once called Brigidoon?
There are communities just like that, and we seen that (in part) in west Loveland.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:41 PM

6,832 posts, read 3,373,285 times
This thread continues to entertain. A dysfunctional soap opera on full display. Can't stop smiling and chuckling.

Google Maps shows at least 10 tattoo shops in Loveland. Two are on Eisenhower, west of the lake. Should we alert them? Also some smoke and vape shops there too. Loveland's looking more like FC every day.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-04-2019 at 06:57 PM..

Old 02-04-2019, 05:43 PM

122 posts, read 189,931 times
Boy, the way Glenn Miller played ....

Old 02-04-2019, 07:17 PM

57 posts, read 50,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBeener View Post
Boy, the way Glenn Miller played ....
LOL!

Tattoos have been mainstream since the late 80's. I had a brilliant artist friend back then who made $200 an hour doing tattoos. He had a 6 month waiting list. Can't even imagine what he makes these days. Again, if such a mundane thing upsets you, well, you're going to spend a good bit of your life in Loveland upset at the world. Loveland is Brigadoon? You're going to have a rude awakening.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:34 PM

7,433 posts, read 4,346,286 times
LoveBoating, one thing stands out other than the tattoo/gang/race thing.

You seem to be fleeing something again. First it was the CO winters that still are very tyrannical. Now it’s the tattoo and gangster presence you are running away from.

You might say you are running to CO, but based sheerly on the number of posts in which you lament your current “here”, it sounds more like fleeing. Fleeing something is not a good reason to move.

Maybe spending summer vacations in mountain and lake states while going home to FL in winter would work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area