U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 10:03 AM

6,787 posts, read 3,336,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
LoveBoating...You seem to be fleeing something again. First it was the CO winters that still are very tyrannical. Now it’s the tattoo and gangster presence you are running away from.
I've picked that up too. And the pattern appears to be a sour attitude wherever LB is at. Endless looking at individuals around him who are "wrong" and don't fit a white ultra-traditional/conservative mold. And area-wise, caught up with a perennial "grass is greener" elsewhere view.

Even when he came here last July for a visit, his impressions were of disappointment, and that the area wasn't right for them: "We are here in Loveland and have been for almost a week now. We fly out on Saturday afternoon. Have been to different parts of the area and have figured that it isn’t the town for us. ....bottom line is: Glad we made the trip, but looks like....nope!." //www.city-data.com/forum/52614486-post89.html

But immediately back in FL, it was again that CO and this area was the place to be. I don't have the energy now to look for the links to those posts, but they're there in the same thread.

When you're stuck finding fault in others and wherever you are at the moment, no place will be home. But maybe there's satisfaction in drama, judging others, and restlessness? To each his own, but we really don't need to get swept up and caught up in this nonsense. Truly traditional Americans who had problems bit the bullet, kept quiet, and did what they needed to do. None of this dysfunction-on-parade stuff.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-05-2019 at 10:41 AM..
Rate this post positively

Old 02-05-2019, 10:19 AM

7,517 posts, read 17,672,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
LoveBoating, one thing stands out other than the tattoo/gang/race thing.

You seem to be fleeing something again. First it was the CO winters that still are very tyrannical. Now it’s the tattoo and gangster presence you are running away from.

You might say you are running to CO, but based sheerly on the number of posts in which you lament your current “here”, it sounds more like fleeing. Fleeing something is not a good reason to move.

Maybe spending summer vacations in mountain and lake states while going home to FL in winter would work.
Well, first, the crime here has continually gotten worse. Last month, January, had the most murders here in recent memory. A 17 year old black kid was found dead on an apartment complex sidewalk last week, next to university extension campus down the street from us. A mile or so. There was another murder, another young black person, in the same area earlier in the month of January as well. It is very well known to the residents of this city just how much black-on-black crime/murders are here.

Another thing, there is nothing for us to do here anymore. I've already stated that there is no rodeo action, no wildlife (like in Colorado), really high summer humidity (that everyone in America knows about), "brackish" (salt/fresh) water and salt water (that cost us in corrosion repair). Where we live, there definitely isn't "year-around" boating (especially for Seniors).

As far as the winter months go there, we already know about them. Yes, I fell there in winter, which required shoulder surgery and we wound up moving. What we didn't think about is...…….either of us could fall anywhere we move to. Which happened to me right here in our apt. complex during the summer at 90 degrees and sunny weather. IOW, we shouldn't have left Colorado in the first place and now we know that.

Fleeing high humidity, high crime and things we FINALLY figured out we don't have here that we had there......yes, we are "fleeing" if that what you want to call it.

Just to let you know, we talked to a guy last night at Walmart that, him and his wife, moved here a year ago and they are moving back to Minnesota. They moved here for a job transfer, but don't like Florida or Jacksonville at all. He is a big Bronco and Vikings fan as well as a Colorado Rockies and Avalanche fan.
He told us, "I don't blame you at all for wanting to go back to Colorado. I will take the winter weather in Minnesota any day over the weather and other things here.

IOW, neither him or us want to live here, or in Florida or in the South at all.

BTW, just what did I say that was "racist" related? Tattoos and crime here, yes, but nothing race related.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I've picked that up too. And the pattern appears to be a sour attitude wherever LB is at. Endless looking at individuals around him who are "wrong" and don't fit a white ultra-traditional/conservative mold. And then area-wise, caught up with a perennial "grass is greener" elsewhere view.

Even when he came here last July for a visit, his impressions were of disappointment, and that the area wasn't right for them:

"We are here in Loveland and have been for almost a week now. We fly out on Saturday afternoon. Have been to different parts of the area and have figured that it isn’t the town for us. ....So, bottom line is: Glad we made the trip, but looks like....nope!." //www.city-data.com/forum/52614486-post89.html

But immediately back in FL, it was again that CO was the place to be. I don't have the energy now to look for the link to those posts, but they're there in the same thread.

When you're stuck finding fault in others and wherever you are at the moment, no place will be home. But maybe there's joy in drama, judging others, and restlessness?
When we got here to Jacksonville, we really thought we'd love it here, BUT, we have changed our minds.

Yes, I wrote what you put into this post, but that was BEFORE we really, really thought about the area and what we were going back to in Jacksonville. My gosh...…..can't people change their minds about something????

We didn't have the "sour attitude" when we lived in Colorado...…..AT ALL. I just got scared, after my fall, that one of us would fall and seriously injury ourselves there, NOT thinking that we could fall anywhere we move to! I've fallen here and so has my wife, with no snow, no ice, but on a perfectly nice day. So, if we are going to fall, we might as well do it in an area that we enjoy many things in.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:35 AM

Actually, my wife is getting pretty tired of all of this. She states this and I totally agree...……."where we want to live is entirely up to us and, if, we decide it's the wrong place, we will move, just like anyone else would. If we do decide that Loveland isn't for us, which would be entirely our decision, we could choose somewhere else before we leave here (Jacksonville), but until that decision is made, Loveland will be our destination. No matter what's there, the area is still much, much better than where we are."

For being a basically quiet person, and not wanting anything to do with any kind of internet forum, she said that above to me and said "put this as a reply and end this." So, there it is.

And, be sure to read my two previous replies above.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:38 AM

122 posts, read 189,428 times
Songs that made the Hit Parade.
Guys like us, we had it made

Old 02-05-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
BTW, just what did I say that was "racist" related? Tattoos and crime here, yes, but nothing race related.
Quote:
A 17 year old black kid was found dead on an apartment complex sidewalk last week....
Quote:
There was another murder, another young black person, in the same area earlier in the month of January as well. It is very well known to the residents of this city just how much black-on-black crime/murders are here.
I keep hoping you're really just a troll ... because the alternative is dramatically worse :-)

Old 02-05-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Actually, my wife is getting pretty tired of all of this.

I've heard it said that if a fish breaks wind in the middle of the Indian Ocean, some straight, white, American, Christian social conservative feels persecuted.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:47 AM

6,787 posts, read 3,336,198 times
Well-said NBeener. And there are other examples here of said racial comments and innuendos, plus the tattoo and drag-queen stuff. It all comes together into one very obvious package. I've encountered many people on this forum, but few have shown themselves so vividly, as though they are standing in front of you. It's really weird, and even creepy. In the modern acronym language of today's youth, TMI!

Old 02-05-2019, 10:55 AM

Keep it up folks. Actually I'm having more fun reading your stuff than you are mine. LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

Oh, I gotta go...……..but keep right on posting. Fun for you, isn't it. Then again, you're not the ones getting blasted!

Old 02-05-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBeener View Post
I keep hoping you're really just a troll ... because the alternative is dramatically worse :-)
Guess people can't use a race name on here. Asians and people from India had better not ask anything about an Asian or Indian community there. That would be a racist question.

I answered your one post, did you read it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area